Poll: What do you think of signature guitars?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of signature guitars?
Yay
23 64%
Nay
13 36%
Voters: 36.
What do you think of them? Would you buy one or not because of someone elses name on it?
Blue Red Yellow Green
I would never buy anything just because of the name, but i would buy it if it was a good, quality guitar
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Agreed, I see some people put their names on bad guitars, but if its good quality, like the Clapton strats, the name itself doesnt matter.
If there's something about it that makes it different from the regular models then I would consider it.

Such as the Buckethead sig that's been announced.
if i just played for fun and worshiped the player definitely, if i was trying to start a band and get into the music business myself no i wouldnt.
having a name on is not relevant if u actually care about the music
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
It all depends on the price and options but I say yes. I have a couple Sig guitars and I love them.

John
Quote by ironmaiden_98
I would never buy anything just because of the name, but i would buy it if it was a good, quality guitar

Exactly I wouldn't have any problem getting a signature guitar if it was worth it.
Hated them until I was pointed in the direction of the MBM2, plan on getting one soon
i own a signature guitar. i really didnt listen much to the guitarist when i bought the guitar, however i do now. it just so happened to be what i was looking for, good quality and a good price. if i find something like that, i really dont give a crap who's name is on the headstock. however, i highly doubt i would ever buy a guitar solely because someone famous endorses it.
There's only a couple Sig guitars I would buy. I'd get a PGM, and probably a Jem. Other than that, nah I don't need someone else's name on a guitar. Unless it's Les Paul, I do need one of those eventually.
hey if its a good quality guitar what does the name matter, such as the JP music mans, my god they;re amazing
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
i would buy one of les pauls sigs. i think theyre nice
Last edited by Airline-Olie at Nov 11, 2009,
i would only buy if it felt good.
i dont buy on looks or name.
i buy on feel. thats how everybody should buy.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by jestsumguy
Sigs are good if you want to sound like the guitarist of your fave band.

I think if it has everything I would want in a guitar, I`d get it, and I did. I got myself a Tom Delonge Strat and I built myself a Jesse Lacey style Telecaster :P
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by jof1029
i own a signature guitar. i really didnt listen much to the guitarist when i bought the guitar, however i do now. it just so happened to be what i was looking for, good quality and a good price. if i find something like that, i really dont give a crap who's name is on the headstock. however, i highly doubt i would ever buy a guitar solely because someone famous endorses it.

This

The guitar must have some significant change in order for me to buy it. I like Teles and I like EMGs. Jim Root Telecaster. It all really depends on the features
Lifes a grave and I dig it!