My heart is set on getting a Rectifier head, and since the Road King is out of my price range (I plan on buying new) it's down to these 2. I will be sending it into a Rectifier 4x12 cab. I'm mainly a rhythm player, and I play modern rock, post grunge, metal, pop-punk, and alternative.

I'm in love with the Dual Rectifier's Channel 3 Modern, and I think the clean channel is decent.

I've heard a Roadster's Channel 1 Tweed sound like a Fender Reverb (think intro to Higher by Creed), which is a sound I wasn't able to reach on a Dual Rect. though it's possible I just didn't do enough tweaking. But this was some time ago, and I don't remember how the distortion channels sounded compared to the standard Dual Rectifier.

Since they use the same tubes, in theory should I be able to get a Roadster's distortion channels to sound exactly like a standard Dual Rectifier?
The Roadster is only a little more than the Dual Recto and it sound a lot better IMO.

Most of the tones you're going are characterized by the Dual Recto... but I think you'd benefit from the Roadster.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The roadster is the recto with more channels/versatility.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Ghostmaker

Since they use the same tubes, in theory should I be able to get a Roadster's distortion channels to sound exactly like a standard Dual Rectifier?

Not necessarily, lots of amps use the same tubes but completely different setups like in the preamp tube biasing can make a lot of difference as can the design of the tone stack. But I'm sure with some tweaking you could manage to get something quite similar or at least satisfying.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Roadster is a significantly better amp, definitely go for that over the Dual.
I'd grab the roadster if I were you. Seems more versitle, and refined than the duel rectifier I played on, and it can cover those genres without boost
two channel recto, preferably one without a detachable power cable. if not, thats fine.
it will be cheaper and sound better.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION