i need a new head...and i cant decide whether to pick a JCM900 or a Single Recto. i mainly play punk/rock/ska and some metal. any good info on these 2 amps?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
That's pretty much a judgement call for you, both will do those genres pretty well you just need to try them both out.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
mesa boogie
not a fan of the 900, and the single recto is ok
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Flip a coin, heads you win, tails you win.

For your genres, the JCM900 seems slightly more suited.
think it can cover old and new Green Day? as well as some Blink?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
My JCM 900 sounds like the blink song Dammit in a box, seriously, it nails old school blink and green day.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
well, i still say get the mesa
it wont sound like an exact copy of the tones you want, but will still be damn good
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Greenday use JMP's. They're a little more open than the 900, gain structure isnt as compressed and tight. Listen to new Rise Against, Classic JCM900 tone.

Recto has more gain on tap, but the bass is a little flubby, for punk that doesn't matter, but for metal it does. Boost either of them though and the bass will tighten right up.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
ooo i like the JMP...i think im gonna forget about the Mesa haha. now its either the JMP or the JCM...
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Quote by AxSilentxLine
They're both very different amps but both quite good in their own right. Going by your genres i'd have to say the JCM900 though

i agree with this person. the 900 is a nice amp.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Well Marshall suits you a bit more, but assuming you want to buy used, take whatever comes your way. They're both great for what you want and im pretty sure Blink uses/has used Rectos.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...