So, I am looking for a new guitar. yay!

I've pretty much settled on a strat, and trying the new 2009 mim fenders, they are great! it seems they fixed some of their qc issues and most of the ones I tried were very nice and felt a lot better than previous year's.

that said. should I consider Any other brands that make strats? I wanted to try a g&l tribute, but none around here and I heard that their qc has dropped since they moved to Indonesia, plus I would have to buy it blind. other brands that have been suggested were godin and fernandes. any other opinions or suggestions?

simply this is what I want:
Trem - no floyde rose,
at least 1 single coil
maple fretboard
around $500, with no problem buying used, just dont see to many good strats on craigslist.

Oh, I did like the ibanez sas series, but prefer the feel of a maple neck/fretboard.

I also like the Idea of fender's pickguard, I like moding but I can do electronics and get nervous round wood, drilling through a 20 dollar pickguard is a wonderful prospect.
http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=bolt
These are the best. Seriously, I have played these and Suhr's, and I think that Carvin bolts are actually comparable to Suhrs for a fraction of the price. Plus with Carvin's custom shop you can basically get whatever you want on the guitar.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
Ummm. Fender Standard Strats fit the bill for every one of your requirements. They can come with maple necks and fretboards, have many pick up combinations (it depends on what genres you play, but I recommend HSS) and are 500 dollars. Not only this, but you can try before you buy.

And to the above, I love the quote in your sig. Why? Cuz it's so true.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Nov 11, 2009,
I second the G&L's. Both S-500 or Legacy series are both excelent alternatives if you're looking to venture out into something a little different.
Yeah haha that why I put it in my sig; because it's so ridiculously true. And TS it is true that you can really get whatever you want from Fender, but I still encourage you to check out Carvin, they're great.
My Gear:
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000

Yeah if you can, try out all your choices so you can decide which you like best.
Thanks for all the suggestions but all your recommendations are kinda out of my price range. 500 is an absolute max. The bolt does look sweet though.
Look for a used bolt or G&L. I think you could find a used bolt for 500. Look on eBay or the carvin forums.
My Gear:
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000

Ya know, If I was buying several guitars then that would be a great idea. but. this is probably the last guitar I want to buy and deal with for a long time, I jsut cant bring myself to drop that kind of cash on something without playing it first.
Did you really just recommend an affinity squire, grouping it with all these other fantastic options?

go away stupid.
Godin SD. I live in san diego and have played a few Carvins (played a bolt on Monday that cost a grand). Have also played lots of fenders, a gandl, gibsons,etc. the Godin has an AWESOME neck/fretboard, sustain, build quality and I got mine with quilted maple top and HSS p/u's for 400 out the door. The neck feels nice and broken in, action is low and perfect and it feels like a guitar costing three times more. Read reviews for this model on harmonycentral and see what i mean. Wish you the best in your search. Oh yeah, dont get a squire, they feel terriblest of all.