Page 1 of 2
Well, for starters, it only took me until halfway through 2nd year to realize that, **** I AM POOR.

I cant even make car insurance payments these days thanks to my shitty ****ing job that refuses to give me more than two shifts a week. Thanks to this, there's some seeeeeeerious financial pressure on my shoulders. I have $10 to my name and i have to pay for gas for the rest of the week somehow.

Anyways, what're some good, non-online ways for students to make money? I've already done busking, and it doesn't work very well (i got less than $20 for almost five hours of playing guitar in the freezing ****ing cold). Taking on a second job isn't really an option because if i tell my first job that i can't work on x, y, z days then i'll just get fired. I actually feel...i dont know what to call it, despair? Yeah. ****. It's definitely despair. Help me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Should have thought of that before you started school. MUUAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA
find a job that pays better if you can't get two (which you probably could if you tried)
give guitar lessons / tutor kids
sell shit
parents, ring them, ask for money. tell your work to give you more hours.

Busking on a cold day will get you no money... there's no one around.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Ace88
Well, for starters, it only took me until halfway through 2nd year

What the fuck is this?! How long is your school year, like four months?

Unless you're in third year now...
MATTERHORN
Sperm bank?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Man, I know it. I just hate bills so much. >.>
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
You're not "poor" in the traditional sense of the world. Your situation seems pretty average for a college student.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
You're not "poor" in the traditional sense of the world. Your situation seems pretty average for a college student.

you're 16, you have no idea what it's like living on your own and having no money to pay bills or food.
Limit spending as much as possible, try busking when it isn't freezing cold (no one will be there, and no one will want to take their hands out of their pockets to give you money), look for a better job, and maybe even try donating plasma.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Sperm bank?

It may look stupid but this is actually a good way to have a couple of buck to fill the gas tank.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by archangels666
Look around for a new job. Then tell your job you can't work on any day. Because you quit. Those worthless pieces of shit.

...or uh. Something like that.

^THIS.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
the only way is prostitution...or pan handleing
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Maybe try a student loan?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by herby190
maybe even try donating plasma.

I recommend this. Relatively fast, easy way to get a few spare bucks.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Try cutting expenditure.

Yes, I had business studies at school today.

Oh i have. My bare minimum expenditure is $440 a month for the car insurance + $60 a week in gas = $680 a month. Absolutely minimum. That's with me literally going to school, going to work, and sleeping.

find a job that pays better if you can't get two (which you probably could if you tried)
give guitar lessons / tutor kids
sell shit

Tried applying at 7 different places that give music lessons. Not a bite, even though im well capable of teaching the damn thing. Tutoring kids is an option i haven't really explored yet, but thought about. Selling shit isn't an option because, well, i dont have much to sell.

Sell your body

Thought about it. Very seriously thought about it.

parents, ring them, ask for money. tell your work to give you more hours.

I live with my parents, hence having to commute to school, hence the bullshit car payments. My parents don't make much money and are in no shape at all to be paying my bills. I work at a restaurant. If you know anything about working at restaurants, you'd know that they're unbelievably jewish and won't give out more hours than are absolutely necessary. I've been cut after less than 2 hours before.

What the **** is this?! How long is your school year, like four months?

Unless you're in third year now...

I have a month until first semester exams. Ergo, rounding up to the nearest semester = halfway through.

Sperm bank?

...interesting. Happen to know how much they would pay for some top quality, Michael Phelps level swimmers?

As someone else already pointed out: you're sixteen. Shut the **** up.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

You pay 440 bucks a month for car insurance? What in God's name are you driving, a goddamn Ferrari?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by CoreysMonster
you're 16, you have no idea what it's like living on your own and having no money to pay bills or food.

True. I'll shut my trap.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by dudetheman
You pay 440 bucks a month for car insurance? What in God's name are you driving, a goddamn Ferrari?

I have the incredible luxury and privilege of driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. Brilliantly awful car that is managing to **** me in the ass once a month, quite hard in fact. Google the thing to see how dismal and cruel insurance companies are. Apparently all the insurance companies seem to quickly forget how you were at the top of your driving school class, i mean TOP, as soon as you get a speeding ticket (before anyone says anything stupid, i was going with traffic. Yes i was speeding, i just happened to be the unlucky one pulled over)

keep em coming guys, i need all the ideas i can get
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

I work at Sears selling TVs. I make damn good money doing it, too. Just apply for retail that does commission and if you get an interview you gotta be exuberant and act like you're the man when it comes to selling.
Quote by CrimsonHorn
I work at Sears selling TVs. I make damn good money doing it, too. Just apply for retail that does commission and if you get an interview you gotta be exuberant and act like you're the man when it comes to selling.

How does that work? How much commission do you get, and what would be the starting wage? I've worked for retail that does commission before, but i was only 16 and never made my budget once.

Just stop paying your insurance and drive carefully. I successfully drove for over 2 years with no insurance and no registration on my car.

Trust me i would've done that a LONG time ago if my parents weren't ridiculously legalistic. That and im not so sure i would risk the driving with no insurance charge, and heaven help me should i get into an accident.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

I am thinking that lessons are a good bet. Especially since loads of kiddies will be getting guitars around xmas. Maybe post on Craigslist, even offer the first lesson or two free?
Umm aren't you 18?

You let your parents dictate your decisions still? If your broke it's a risk you gotta take. You just have to drive very carefully and always within the bounds of the law. Cops don;t know by looking at you that you have no insurance. They only find out if you do some other stupid violation. It would definitely free up some cash for you.
Quote by magicninja_
Umm aren't you 18?

You let your parents dictate your decisions still? If your broke it's a risk you gotta take. You just have to drive very carefully and always within the bounds of the law. Cops don;t know by looking at you that you have no insurance. They only find out if you do some other stupid violation. It would definitely free up some cash for you.

Im 20, and when the car belongs to the man telling me im not going to drive without insurance, then yeah the decision is dictated for me. It's not a risk i can take. Im well aware of the rewards and consequences, but it's not up to me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Think that's poor? I have no job, and can't for the life of me get one, and believe me, I've tried. I've exhausted my school loans, which won't get renewed until the end of next month, I have -200 in my bank account, my girlfriend and I have only grains left in our kitchen now, and we can't afford dish soap to do the dishes. Also the electric bill is two months late, I can't afford my car insurance payment, don't have enough money to replace the voltage regulator in my mustang, and I need a drink now.

Actually all things considered, I'm pretty damn happy with my life right now. I'm doing excellent in school, which is what matters most to me. Plus I've probably got a job lined up, as I've already had two interviews and now I just need to hear back from them

Sweet!
Quote by Ace88
Taking on a second job isn't really an option because if i tell my first job that i can't work on x, y, z days then i'll just get fired. I actually feel...i dont know what to call it, despair? Yeah. ****. It's definitely despair. Help me.

What kind of crappy two shift a week part time job doesn't give you some say over when you work? That's the whole point of a crappy, two shift a week, part time job.

Best money for a student:
Apply for every scholarship your school offers, do it every time the scholarship period starts over (every year most places). Lots of my friends got free room wavers that they didn't have when they started college because they reapplied for scholarships after every year, other people got some good cash.

If you want it faster than that (like every semester), get some projects going on and then write some student grants. Every university will have a ton available, and at most places no one really takes advantage of them so there's plenty up for grabs.

Plan b is to start having sex with big girls so that they'll buy you beer, food, gas, etc. ..not really a joke, I know a whole handful of poor fellas that go that route.
Oh well I thought it was your car. The point wasn't clear. You really have two choices: to find something that pays better or to start taking the bus.

guh i had to take the bus to school once when my car was in the shop overnight. it took two damn hours, and that was in light traffic.

Think that's poor? I have no job, and can't for the life of me get one, and believe me, I've tried. I've exhausted my school loans, which won't get renewed until the end of next month, I have -200 in my bank account, my girlfriend and I have only grains left in our kitchen now, and we can't afford dish soap to do the dishes. Also the electric bill is two months late, I can't afford my car insurance payment, don't have enough money to replace the voltage regulator in my mustang, and I need a drink now.

Actually all things considered, I'm pretty damn happy with my life right now. I'm doing excellent in school, which is what matters most to me. Plus I've probably got a job lined up, as I've already had two interviews and now I just need to hear back from them

Sweet!

Well ****. I suddenly feel a whole lot better about life. Thanks, Daff

What kind of crappy two shift a week part time job doesn't give you some say over when you work? That's the whole point of a crappy, two shift a week, part time job.

Restaurants man. When you have hours it's incredible money but it's totally and completely not up to you. Especially ones that aren't rolling in money.

Best money for a student:
Apply for every scholarship your school offers, do it every time the scholarship period starts over (every year most places). Lots of my friends got free room wavers that they didn't have when they started college because they reapplied for scholarships after every year, other people got some good cash.

If you want it faster than that (like every semester), get some projects going on and then write some student grants. Every university will have a ton available, and at most places no one really takes advantage of them so there's plenty up for grabs.

Plan b is to start having sex with big girls so that they'll buy you beer, food, gas, etc. ..not really a joke, I know a whole handful of poor fellas that go that route.

I got a student loan and all of it went to paying off my tuition (for this semester only!!). I got a grant, one bursary, and a scholarship as well. All went to school. However that fat girl idea isn't too bad...although do i actually have to have sex with them?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by jetfuel495
Hm... getting paid to fap...

Pit, I think I just found a way to pay for our missile silo. At the rate you guys fap, we'd be able to afford one by the end of the year.

*shudders at the thought of innocent women being tricked into using pit monkey sperm*
Quote by Ace88
Anyways, what're some good, non-online ways for students to make money?
It takes money to make money.
But if you're willing to make a small investment in transgender surgery and implants, I can put you to work immediately, making some serious money. No computer necessary.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Daffodil Lament

Sweet!

Holy shit you poor bastard. I'm almost tempted to paypal you some money for some burgers or something...

Almost.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
If you can, take the bus. It WILL suck up a lot of time, but **** paying car expenses. I know I hate it
Page 1 of 2