Hi all, I just invested in a new rack setup for my bass rig, and although I anticipated it anyway, I have a nice loud ground loop.

What's the best way to fix this? I can't go for balanced cabling unfortunately, but will a power conditioner solve my problem?
Solve your problem? No.

But help it? Absolutely.

Ground loops are sometimes originated from the power source (ie bad electrical supply) and sometimes from poor or mismatched wiring in the gear (ie bad grounding/RF interference).

A power conditioner will help the former; a balanced or ground-lift set-up will help the latter.

Disclaimer: I'm no EE, I don't know why this is from an EE standpoint, just that I've encountered both and solved both. First step in my book is to always isolate your gear from the house lines using a quality conditioner/regulator. The benefits go FAR beyond killing the hum!
I know the main problem is that in my country (Australia) all power points in a household are linked to a single ground pole instead of having individually isolated power points.

Power quality isn't so much of an issue (3 Phase Power) but a power conditioner is on my list anyway, but it looks like I may have to invest in a some DI/Ground Lift boxes .
Quote by Rutch
Solve your problem? No.

But help it? Absolutely.

Ground loops are sometimes originated from the power source (ie bad electrical supply) and sometimes from poor or mismatched wiring in the gear (ie bad grounding/RF interference).

A power conditioner will help the former; a balanced or ground-lift set-up will help the latter.

Disclaimer: I'm no EE, I don't know why this is from an EE standpoint, just that I've encountered both and solved both. First step in my book is to always isolate your gear from the house lines using a quality conditioner/regulator. The benefits go FAR beyond killing the hum!

ditto.