im just curious to why, like i own a cheap 75 dollar guitar and a vypyr 15 cuz im kinda a beginner but im pretty satisfied with the amp for now. what im tryin to say is will i really see a big difference if i get like a 400-500 dollar guitar and is it worth it?
thanks
If you happy with what you got don't buy anything new, and yes if probably would make a huge difference if you shop around and find the right guitar.

But if your just a beginner and are happy with your guitar why upgrade? just keep playing till you decide its time to upgrade.
You'll see improvements in all sorts of areas, trust me. Needless to say you (usually) get better quality as the price goes up; but there are always areas that you need to study to make sure you're getting the best for your money. Run through my history of guitars to show you the things i found were both beneficial and deterrents:

My first was a cheap Squire, nothing special. Learned a lot on it but then it had run it's course, you can only get so far on a cheap guitar.

Second was an Epiphone Black Beauty, a nicer guitar all around and i recall it was around $1500 (NZ dollars). Much nicer wood in the guitar, nicer neck to play and still factory pick ups but they did the job.

Sold the BB and got a Ibanez S-520ex, amazing guitar for it's price of only around $1700. I found i absolutely hated the floating bridge and gave me no end of troubles when trying to get it set up with my desired gauge of .11's with a heavier bottom, it handled it but it doesn't particularly take tuning down a step to D standard. Ibanez guitars have amazing necks, that's always a big draw point for me when looking at guitars.

I sold that and got a ESP Viper 7-string. It was alright, nice neck-through and the wood was pretty nice for what it was and it was kitted out with a nice set of EMG's. It's always a bonus getting nice pickups straight from the factory, saves you a bit on what you'll end up paying later. Still wasn't happy enough tough.

Sold it for an Ibanez RG2228 8-string. A little excessive, had it for around 6-month and sold it again, 8-strings weren't as useful for what i was doing as i had assumed, it was just too muddy for what i was after and i didn't have the thousands to fork out to buy an amp to handle the low frequencies without losing definition.

So traded up to the point i'm at today, my Schecter Hellraiser C-7. Nicest guitar i've played in my life, everything about it is just stellar, from the neck to the the setup with .11 gauges, string through body and a killer finish, EMG's and an brilliant tone.

So, despite that being simply a run through of guitars, i ended up spending a lot of money in the end to find the perfect instrument. You basically need to factor in what makes you feel comfortable playing the guitar, or you'll end up going through a lot of guitars before you feel comfortable with them. You'll know when the right guitar comes along, as i did when i finally found the Schecter i play today. It's all about personal feel, preference and taste...don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Sure, guitar quality factors into it in a big way, but once you find what you genuinely feel comfortable playing, then snap it up and use it to it's fullest!
https://lysithea.bandcamp.com

"I have seen the dark universe yawning
Where the black planets roll without aim,
Where they roll in their horror unheeded,
Without knowledge or lustre or name."
thanks guys, and outlaw for the time of typin that out haha.
any other opinions?
Ummm. I know a lot of people may disagree with me. But I think new equipment is the biggest influence for a musician. At least for me it is. I try to have zero influence from any other music out thier (impossible to prevent completly. But I do the best I could.). I think a new piece of equipment will greatly increase your motivation.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
No problem! and i agree with the guy above, in fact he probably made of a stronger point than anything i said new equipment motivates you like nothing else musically! It really gives you a boost creatively and also skill-wise
https://lysithea.bandcamp.com

"I have seen the dark universe yawning
Where the black planets roll without aim,
Where they roll in their horror unheeded,
Without knowledge or lustre or name."
Wow, that's so true about the motivation factor, I never thought about that, hahaha. There's always that short period of "new gear goodness" where your new toy is way better than anything else you own... Haha.... So great.

For me, my first guitar was some crappy First Act guitar that I would mess around on, but then I started to get a bit more serious and went out and got an Epiphone Goth G-400. Going from a $100 "beginners" guitar to a $300 "good name brand" guitar, obviously you can guess how much of an improvement that made.

After that, I upgraded from some no name 10 watt amp to a Peavey Vypyr 15, and my tone skyrocketed. I still needed more though, so I got an Ibanez RG120. Cheaper than the Epiphone, but it has the Wizard II neck, which plays like a dream compared to the Epiphone neck. Combining the Peavey with the Ibanez and a Boss DS-1, I am able to get a sound that completely satisfies me (for right now). It's not the most expensive setup in the world, but I can get amazing sounds for metalcore out of it.

You really have to go by trial and error. You won't know what you like until you try out different things. If your having thoughts of upgrading, I would say go for it. If you have some money to spend, try out Ibanez or a cheap ESP LTD. I can assure you that one of those will enable you to play like you never thought you could before.
Hell, waking up in the morning is a good enough reason to modify or upgrade your guitar (one of the many symptoms of Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Beyond that, you might do it to make the instrument more to your liking - new pickups to give you a new sound; a better bridge and / or nut to increase sustain and stabilize tuning, etc. If you like your guitar but think it could be better, by all means, upgrade it.
Gear Acquisition Syndrome=GAS

lol
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
What kind of cheap $75.00 guitar are we talking about? I have several guitars I bought as projects that cost much less that I upgraded/customized.
The price jump you are looking at will normally get you a much better guitar. The trick is though to test play a few and see what you like. More expensive guitars are easier to play and sound better normally compared to very cheap ones.
It's not always the sound that matters, make sure your guitar not only has good sound but also good action and finish so it plays smoothly, etc. If your range is 400-500, I would look into Epiphone or the lower end Mexican Fenders.
The day you feel like you can't get enough out of your guitar or feel like its sound is dead then you've realised what it needing a new guitar.
^^ Yes.. I agree. That is why I own so many guitars (6). But I always end up going back to my old guitars. I think I got to a point where I'm satisfied with all my guitars. I don't think I'm going to be getting another for a longgg time..... You know what.... Nvmd. I'm going to look at new ones right now.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1