Hey guys , I'm Emily .
Just curious if I'm completely a lousy singer or what .. No one has ever heard me sing except for my steering wheel. So I'm just looking for some constructive critiques . Figured you guys would be good judges .
So take a listen and let me know !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QclFaX0UyPM

AND before you say a word, I know. The guitar is out of tune. My bad. Haha.
Anyway, thanks in advance .
The only truly consistent people are dead people.

Last edited by darkangel322 at Nov 12, 2009,
I really like your voice. A classic young girl with acoustic guitar sound. You have pretty good pitch and you phrase lines very well. I think that it's much easier for girls to sing well naturally than guys, so you'll have to work extra hard to create your own sound and make your voice stand out. I think if you continued to work on your voice, working on getting better breath support, as well as more tonal resonance, you could do very well as a singer.
Quote by JacKofAces91
I really like your voice. A classic young girl with acoustic guitar sound. You have pretty good pitch and you phrase lines very well. I think that it's much easier for girls to sing well naturally than guys, so you'll have to work extra hard to create your own sound and make your voice stand out. I think if you continued to work on your voice, working on getting better breath support, as well as more tonal resonance, you could do very well as a singer.

Thank you very much . That's incredibly reassuring .
I've been considering taking lessons but I wasn't sure if it was a lost cause or not. I'll continue to work on my voice. Thanks again
The only truly consistent people are dead people.

Quote by JacKofAces91
I really like your voice. A classic young girl with acoustic guitar sound. You have pretty good pitch and you phrase lines very well. ...I think if you continued to work on your voice, working on getting better breath support, as well as more tonal resonance, you could do very well as a singer.

I concur.

Yes, I like your voice. But that 'young girl' thing is a double-edged sword. It helps to provide a charm to your voice. That's the good news. The bad news is that this is a byproduct of lacking resonance in your voice - that robust-ness of sound. That comes from learning technique, and how to produce the voice properly. Lessons with a good teacher should address this. But you will probably lose a lot of that 'young girliness' to your voice.

About the male/female part of that, though.... I think there are two factors that contribute to that.

1. It is more socially acceptable - or even expected - for girls to sing. Boys (most of 'em) at least go through a period where singing is just not cool. Strike one.
2. Boy's voices change much more dramatically during adolescence. (duh!) The problem with this is that many boys either give up singing during this time, or use it as one more excuse to avoid it altogether. In any case, it is at least a psychological set-back. Strike two.

The good news for boys is that there are no strike threes. At least that I can think of.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Strike three: Guys keep getting uglier. Girls stay beautiful to match their voices.

TS, you have a good voice! Get some lessons to make it even better and you'll be sounding amazing.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Ah! I knew there had to be something!!!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.