Quote by ChucklesMginty
I think your budget is a bit low, anyway I don't know a whole lot about interfaces. But I have a Behringer U-Control and you can cross that off your list...

I know it's low, but it's a Christmas gift.
USB Mics are a no no. Behringer are a no no. I've done a lot of explaining these two things recently, but if you're interested further I can elucidate.

Given the choice of interfaces I guess that leaves you with the Lexicon (which doesnt look too shabby at all considering the budget), no phantom power though - so won't work with condenser mics, something to consider. Although if you're looking to get a Pod X3 anyway maybe it'd be an idea just to save for that because that would cover all the same bases as the lexicon interface would + more.
Quote by Beefmo
USB Mics are a no no. Behringer are a no no. I've done a lot of explaining these two things recently, but if you're interested further I can elucidate.

Given the choice of interfaces I guess that leaves you with the Lexicon (which doesnt look too shabby at all considering the budget), no phantom power though - so won't work with condenser mics, something to consider. Although if you're looking to get a Pod X3 anyway maybe it'd be an idea just to save for that because that would cover all the same bases as the lexicon interface would + more.

I know the POD would be a better interface, but I need to ask my aunt for something for Christmas, and my current method of recording (a Logitech USB Mic) broke and is hardly usable now, so I was just looking for something to tide me over. If you could link me to posts on why USB mics are a no no, that would work. I know Behringer is for the most part bad, but I heard ok things about that interface.

Edit: Also, this would only be for recording things one at a time, or all at once with no after-effects.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Nov 16, 2009,
I cant see how USB mic's are a no no, I have a Samson USB condenser mic, and I really like it, the quality is excellent.
Quote by Saamon
I cant see how USB mic's are a no no, I have a Samson USB condenser mic, and I really like it, the quality is excellent.

Yeah, my cheap mic did a good enough job for the price, it's not like I'm doing pro recordings or anything.