So one of my managers is offering to sell me a MIM Fender Strat, tobacco (atleast I THINk that's the right color tone, but that's the least important part here honestly haha) burst for $250. Great condition, no scratches or dings, and plays very well. Seems like a decent deal for this guitar, but I'm torn if that price is really worth it for that guitar when i could save a little more and maybe buy an American/higher level strat for more. It also may be more beneficial to buy this for cheaper and upgrade the components/hardware. What year range would merit $250 as an awesome deal? More importantly, WWUGD? :P Thanks in advance guys.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
"Save a little more?" Someone more Fander-savy can correct me if I'm mistaken here, but I do believe any American Fender worth having is gonna be quite a bit more than $250.

I'm not a Strat man, but that sounds like a fair deal to me. Were I a Strat guy, I'd get it.
haha, I just realized I have "Stratocaster" (atleast most of the word) in my username and here I am asking about them in a noob-ish fashion. I'll try to figure that one out eventually :P
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Its about $25 cheaper than the cheapest one I found on E-bay and you won't have to pay shipping.

It won't likely be significantly different than your Squier, though. Could be worse.

Are you sure your not ready for 22 frets? That's enough reason to hold out for at least a Highway 1 Strat, if not a fully MIA Strat.
a normal fender american highway one is 750 (bout $900) euros
its probably worth it although it might not be much better than your squier
If it is in good condition you should find it to be a better guitar than your Squier. I would give a play and see what you think the price is a good one.
1. Go on Craigslist and get the average price of american strats in your and surrounding areas, or the prices of the used ones in the store.
2. Play used american and said mim strat.
3. Figure out if the extra money is worth it.
4. .....
5. PROFIT!

In all seriousness I got my MIM off Craigslist for 250 and I'm happy with it. That's a good price for a good guitar, especially if it comes with good enough action and intonation that you don't need to get it setup right out of the box.
i'd say it's a decent deal. i don't think you said it was a HSS, so as long as you're ok with a guitar with all single coils! anyway i think it's a great deal. it would be more than he could get for it at a music shop, and less than they would turn around and charge you for it. you both win!

and a black pickguard on a tobacco sunburst looks like a million bucks to me! sorry, getting ahead of myself... i can live my GAS dreams through other people though...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
As far as the difference between Squier and Fender, the Fender will have a thicker body, better hardware/pickups, and possibly a better feeling neck, but don't quote me on that because there are some awesome Squier necks out there.

I think that's a fine deal. $250 is about the lowest I've ever seen a legitimate Fender go used. By the way, the finish is called 3-Tone Sunburst
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray