i'm australian. and when it comes to gear, this sucks

i've been wanting an egnater rebel 20 for a while now but then saw that there was a 30

when i go to check the price on them at my nearest music shop however, i find that they're charging 2,200 AUD =O

i then look online and find that (including postage) i could get it off music123 for closer to 850 AUD

so my question is, how safe would it be for me to order an expensive item like this from america to australia? and what other costs will i have to take into consideration?

thanks guys
it should be safe normally .. but unfortunatly ... fedex , ups etc... they dont really handle wityh care all the package ... ive ssen them loading truck by throwing everything on it . and a tube amp is fragile .

im pretty sure your paying fee and taxes of australia .... the import duty for australia should be around 20 % i would say ... + taxes for import .. + brokerage duty ( if applicable ) .

if hard to determine ... i once order from australia to canada ... and i had to pay 30 % of the amount in import duties . your country doesnt have a free trade exachange with the u.s and they want to protect the interior market by charging duties and fees when you import .

AUD dollars and canadian dollars are almost the same .... you want the combo rebel 30 or the head ??? so the price we pay in canada should be around the same ... maybe 50 $ more for you . but not more than that .. i thought we werre getting rip in canada ... but your worse than us

the combo here in canada :

1199 $ for the 1x12

1299 $ for the 2x12

the head only is 799 $

now considering you want it shipped oversea ... i would get the head if i were you ... cause a 2x12 combo would be extremely loud and expensive ..
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Nov 12, 2009,
ahh that sounds like great advice

1199? we pay $1600 for the rebel 20 head! *sigh* immigrating seems like the only sensible option at this point =p

thanks a heap dude
Quote by spitonastranger
ahh that sounds like great advice

1199? we pay $1600 for the rebel 20 head! *sigh* immigrating seems like the only sensible option at this point =p

thanks a heap dude

you were looking for the head only or a combo ???

http://www.moogaudio.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=rebel&osCsid=4010b44dd8d5fb4acf74b52dee0f7821&x=0&y=0

here the price in canadian money .the rebel 30 head is only 20 $ more than the 20 ( 799 $ instead of 779 $ )

check the difference in price and see how much you saved .

i could grab it for ya if you really want it ( the head ) .

we in queebec pay 13 % taxes so on 800 $ .. theres 100 $ of taxes .. you can add approx another 50-60 $ for insure , with signature and tracking airmail shipping of the rebel 30 .

i'd say i could ship you that head for around 950 $ canadian ( 973 AUD ) ..

the benefit is that i can write the custom package value as 50 $ and the package as a "gift" so they wont charge any taxes or duty since theire no receipt on the package ( i would put the receipt inside ) . and i can buy a fullamount insurance for the 900 $ but that appear nowhere on the package in case it get lost .

- the downside is that in case something happen to the amp ... i would be hard to get the warranty in australia .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
i was looking for the 1X12 combo actually seeing as i don't already own a cab
but i'd be easily able to find a 1X12 here in aus
do you think that the head would be the more sensible option?
Quote by spitonastranger
i was looking for the 1X12 combo actually seeing as i don't already own a cab
but i'd be easily able to find a 1X12 here in aus
do you think that the head would be the more sensible option?

well for shipping .. of course .

smaller box , smaller weight . read my post above im pretty sure the combo would become an oversized box with oversize weight for regular mail .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Just letting you know, you don't pay a cent import duty or gst when importing an item under 1000AUD (including postage)
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive