Page 1 of 2
hey boys... this is my first post on UG, and I need your help! heres my situation:

My 'beginner' guitars are a 1992 Korean-made Squier Strat, and a Fender DG-10 Acoustic. Both are lefty and fairly used, paid about $100 each. Just recently, I got a Schecter C-1 Diamond Series AND a Washburn electric/acoustic from a guy for $300 total. The schecter is in fair shape, the washburn is almost brand new. (this was pretty much an impulse buy...hard to find lefty stuff let alone used)

Im now starting to realize that I dont really need/have room for 4 guitars. SO my question is... whats worth keeping and what should I pawn? I also have no idea how much they should be worth. Tell me what you think!

MWAH,

Ashley

PS ...is changing pickups/upgrading my squier an option? I know its the crappier electric but I love it SOO much
Older squiers, especially korean made, aren't that bad. Upgrade it if you can, and it'll be decent.

Out of those 4, get rid of the fender acoustic. As for the price of the fender, i'll leave that to someone else, but i doubt it'll be much.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Last edited by Ratfish at Nov 12, 2009,
I agree with Ratfish. If you're going to get rid of one, pawn the fender acoustic.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Sell the Fender. As for the price, do an ebay search on the same model in active and completed sales, look online, check CL as well. Then set your price accordingly.

The Squier isn't a crap guitar, its a beginners model and makes a great platform for modding/upgrading. Setup properly, they can hold their own. And if you love it, why get rid of it?
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by isu182
oh and ps that schecter is 'elite' too whatever that means!!

Just the model. You'll probably end up wanting to change pickups on that too, if it has the standard Duncan Designed.
I am not a fan of Squiers at all, I myself would sell both but not to a pawn shop or guitar store most shops only pay between 30 and 50 bucks for a Squier Strat used they sell for only about 80 or 90 bucks. You actually might do much better with the Fender acoustic but try to sell both privately a shop will only give you about half of what it's actually worth too.

$300.00 for The Schecter C1 and Washburn A/E is great definitely an upgrade in equipment!

Can you post pics of your new guitars?

John
I can suggest keeping the new and selling the old :x (they are better hehe)

As for price go to ebay and you can check for prices and also you could even sell it on ebay if you want to.

If your planning on playing for a long-run keep for now the schecter, then when time arises you can get a Fender since you loved your squier you would also love a fendy =D I just cant see to sell my squier (not even dead hehe).
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
A guitarist who wants less gear?

Something's not right here ......
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Put the acoustic Fender on Craigslist or something like that.
As for how much it's worth, I have no idea to be honest. Not a whole lot though, I imagine.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
the fender acoustic should go and you should upgrade the electronics in the squier.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
I am not a fan of Squiers at all, I myself would sell both but not to a pawn shop or guitar store most shops only pay between 30 and 50 bucks for a Squier Strat used they sell for only about 80 or 90 bucks. You actually might do much better with the Fender acoustic but try to sell both privately a shop will only give you about half of what it's actually worth too.

$300.00 for The Schecter C1 and Washburn A/E is great definitely an upgrade in equipment!

Can you post pics of your new guitars?

John

the schecter is definitely the better sounding, better quality guitar...but I didnt know if some mods on the squier could bring it up to par. What kindof pickups/other changes would you guys recommend? and what should a pawn shop ROUGHLY give me for the c1? I paid 150 but was that really cheap? heres a pic too!!
Attachments:
elect.jpg
acoustic.jpg
I doubt a pawn shop would give you much, I would try selling it maybe on craigslist you should easily be able to get $100-200 for it.

Edit^
You said elite well it might go for $200 and up if you sell but I don't know about pawn shops you know their in it to make money two. I would keep the C-1 though, new pups and get it set up and that thing will be ass kicking.
Last edited by Th3~one~an~0nly at Nov 12, 2009,
Don't sell the Schecter! Get rid of the Squire, for the amount of money you would have to put into it you could buy a better guitar but you already have a guitar that's great now for a great price. Even with upgrades the Strat won't be nowhere near as good as the Schecter. To upgrade the Squire you would have to get a new trem, pickups, electronics and tuners maybe even a neck that's a lot of dough to shell out on a guitar that won't sell for more than a hundred bucks on Craig's list.

From the pics the C1 looks pretty good.

John
^

tell her dude there's no need to sell the superior guitar just get a real Strat later.
Last edited by Th3~one~an~0nly at Nov 12, 2009,
What Amp Are You Using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
What Amp Are You Using?

A fender FM 212R! I guess ive owned nothing but fender stuff up until now... lol

I play pretty much everything except modern heavy metal/rock...more into classic rock
Just a word or two of advice:

Don't get rid of that Squier. There's a couple of reasons for it, but basically, not only is it your first guitar (aww, first love), but it's an old Korean Squier.

That means it's likely to be pretty nifty...it's not like a cheap Affinity from '05 etc.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by isu182
A fender FM 212R! I guess ive owned nothing but fender stuff up until now... lol

I play pretty much everything except modern heavy metal/rock...more into classic rock

ok i'm asking for a few reasons.

first of all i'm a chick and if you stay, you'll be the 4th ever to enter EG, congrats.

second, i'm a lefty, who plays righty. i feel bad for your limited guitar-ability, and think the guitar pics you posted look evil because they're backwards.

third, i'm not posting because i want to see your picture. guys here are dogs.

fourth, i've owned, own,
schecter c-1+ (liked it but sold it cause didnt suit my style)
squier tele
fender d -acoustic
and washburn
and other elcetrics and acoustic/e guitars.

fifth, i've got two fender solid state amps. an 80s super and a FM25.

ok so here's the shizzle.

if you like the feel of the squier, keep it. (what year is it?) it's not an off the rack, it's korean. plus, it's a pain for chicks to find guitars that fit us. toss a new pup in there.
maybe locking tuners.

put the other three up on craigs list.
see if you have any takers. you might not have any, as it's harder to sell lefties.
who knows, maybe you'll get a taker.

if the washburn sells, keep the fender and put a soundhole pup in it.

if you like the washburn better, just put the fender up for sale.

lastly, i'm not a huge fane of fender solid state amps, but if you like it, then stick with it. think about putting a pedal in front of it if you arent getting enough mojo out of it.

anything else, i'm Jen and im around, good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by tommyt
A guitarist who wants less gear?

Something's not right here ......

I just have to say that he's right! Once you fill up the walls and every last inch of your home then yes you resort to... Adding on to your house!!!
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
A lot of people make the mistake of getting rid of a guitar they like thinking they do not need it or will just buy something different. Never ever sell a guitar you actually enjoy playing no matter how cheap or expensive. If you need money to eat or pay bills that is one thing but just to sell it off you will regret the sale. Besides you can never have enough guitars.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Sell everything and get an ibanez lefty prestige?
I would keep my gear tbh
Keep the Squier, it looks like a good guitar. Old Korean Squiers are cool.

Other than that, neither of those acoustics are amazing, so just pick which one you like the best, or keep it all.

Of course keep the Schecter, i don't like them, but it gives you more versatility.

Oh, and JJ1565, why is it hard for girls to find a guitar that fits them? Boobs? Small hands? I'm confused.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by jj1565

first of all i'm a chick and if you stay, you'll be the 4th ever to enter EG, congrats.

Is this including me?

Tbh, id keep them all, untill you can find a specific to reason to sell them.

Lefty guitars are expensive (or moreso) and harder to come buy. If you get a good offer then do it.

Or my common sense would tell me to maybe sell the Fender since you allready got yourself a new acoustic.

If you like your guitars don't sell them, I have 5, including two that are practically falling apart, don't plan on ever getting rid of any, I need more if anything. And I know Jen has quite the guitar collection too.

Wish I had of kept my old starter guitar though. Granted, it was pretty shit, but just to screw around with or leave at a bandmates house it still would of had use. Sleep on it, you might regret it.

^Both really, I love my jag though, short scale, thin neck, off-set body so it sits comfortably without stabbing me in the boobs. Unlike my tele.
Last edited by beckyjc at Nov 13, 2009,
Welcome to UG!
Honestly I believe you answered your own question about the Squier. If you love the feel and the sound, keep it, doesn't matter what name is on the headstock. Especially those old Korean Squiers are quite nice, my friend has one in white. If you want to upgrade the pickups, you could go with some budget friendly options like Guitarfetish.com. Although you shouldn't just upgrade pickups just because a guitar is a Squier, or an Epiphone or whatever, if you are happy with your pickups then good don't change them.

Also Fender solid states like the FM 212R or Frontman are decent amps, good cleans, so-so overdrives, just add a pedal for more distortion. I use a FM 212R live and it works great for my style.

Okay now the question is which should you sell. First off try Craigslist, you never know who will bite plus it's free. Second Ebay will probably surprise you, I've seen decent gear that would normally sell for cheap for almost double it's worth because people hate losing on Ebay. Pawn shops should be your last resort, pawn shops are in business to essentially rip people off and sell for high profit.

Lastly keep your guitars for a few months, I almost sold a guitar because I couldn't bond with it and bam! last week I don't what happened but it's my current goto guitar. So keep your stuff for awhile and make sure you really want to part with it.
Good luck!
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Last edited by SkaJon at Nov 14, 2009,
ska Jon, hit enter sometimes. you said some good stuff, but on a computer it's tough to read.

BeckY! long time no see.
yes, i counted you and "steph" seeEmilyplay or whatever her sn is.

and poe, guitar's are always heavy for me.
i keep my thumb on the back of the neck, so i don't need a tiny neck, but i like a well
balanced guitar, with a hip contour.

ok, ok i'll say it, because of my giant boobs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah ive been bored lately though I would ***** around the boards for a bit.

Most necks i'm fine with, just giant clunky U shaped tele-ish baseball bats just make me shudder.

Lucky you
Boobs really make it harder to play? I tried to teach my ex a few chords one day when we had nothing better to do, and she had to take her bra off for some reason... I was utterly confused.

On the other end of the spectrum, i have a good friend who plays, and she has TINY hands and quite large boobs, yet her favorite guitar is a vintage Gretsch with the most massive body/neck i've ever played. When she plays it, her boob oft times sits on top of the body.

I dunno.

I'm so confused.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
I'm only a B/C cup, i cant really just sit mine on top of my guitar. The bra off idea sounds like a good one actually, bit more movability .

i think with me, it's just that i have enough to carry around up top without adding another
8 lbs. HA!

also, i agree about the barrel 72 tele necks. no way.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by beckyjc
I'm only a B/C cup, i cant really just sit mine on top of my guitar. The bra off idea sounds like a good one actually, bit more movability .

i think with me, it's just that i have enough to carry around up top without adding another
8 lbs. HA!

also, i agree about the barrel 72 tele necks. no way.

OH......GOD!
If you really like the Squier one thought that comes to mind is that you could sell two or three of the others and buy a better strat. I don't know how you feel about this idea but if you get enough cash (selling all of them more than likely) you could probably buy a used American Std. Just a notion.
what's all this talk of boobs with no pictures..?

tits or gtfo

seriously...don't make me start banning people >.>
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Oh, the bra off idea is marvelous actually. The only downside to my hoface ex removing her bra so i could try to teach her guitar, would be that i would always end up with one arm around her trying to position her fingers correctly and then, well, ya know... We'd end up wasting an hour or two.

Edit.
On second thought, that isn't a downside. The ONLY DOWNSIDE is that once i had to erm... Clean off my Les Paul, ya dig?

But in all seriousness, i can KIND of see how a guitar and boobs wouldn't go together, but on the other hand... You've been living with those things for at least a few years now, its not like they're a new obstacle.

Oh, and i may add that my friend who has the massive boobs and the Gretsch, yeah, it is quite pleasant what a guitar strap does to her... Bust.

Double Edit.
The ex had like, a 34 C, and the friend HAS to have at LEAST DDs.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Last edited by p o e at Nov 13, 2009,
709 views.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Page 1 of 2