Poll: Which trailer in for films would make you want to watch it more?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which trailer in for films would make you want to watch it more?
Teaser trailer
45 54%
Theatrical trailer
39 46%
Voters: 84.
As in film trailers, not the ones with wheels.
I'm, basically doing a trailer for a horror film in media and I need a lot of research. So basically, instead of putting about ten threads up in one day I'm spacing them out a bit so I'm not spamming.

(https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229176 theres the first thread.. on favourite genres of movie, would be very thankful if you vote)

So, say you're in a cinema about to watch a movie which is either 15 or 18 rated. The tarilers come on for upcoming movies. Would you want to go and see a movie more if it had a:
- Theatrical trailer (one where the plot is not disguised, basically you can see where the movie's going to go with it. Usually used for movies made from well known books I think) or a,
- Teaser trailer, where parts you see short parts of dramatic scenes from the movie, to create a sense of mystery (usually used in thriller/horror movies).

Ta
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
First!

I'll take the trailer that hints the plot but doesn't reveal anything

Last edited by ShredHead396 at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by ShredHead396
First!

Yo shreadhead, I'm happy for you about your first and all and imma let you finish but Adam had the best first of all time. OF ALL TIME

>.>

Thanks for voting
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

I prefer a teaser trailer, nothing worse than seeing a trailer that looks good so you go see the movie and all the good bits were in the trailer.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Normally I hate teaser trailers UNLESS the film already has enough hype to carry it off, e.g. the Saw series or something like that. I feel like most horror movies, without a big franchise behind them, can't pull off teaser trailers because they're not memorable enough. You'd need to have a lot of really striking images in there in order for it to stick in my mind, I think.

I voted for theatrical, but really somewhere inbetween the two options would be great.
Quote by ShredHead396
First!

I'll take the trailer that hints the plot but doesn't reveal anything

Unrelated: HOLY CRAP IM IN SOMEONE'S SIG. I feel loved!

Sorry, el-ECTRO, but I'm totally stoked.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Quote by yoduh4077
Unrelated: HOLY CRAP IM IN SOMEONE'S SIG. I feel loved!

Sorry, el-ECTRO, but I'm totally stoked.

LOL no problem.

ones where I know what the **** is going on
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I generally prefer well done teasers, the full trailers tend ot give away too much a lot of times.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by el-ECTRO
Yo shreadhead, I'm happy for you about your first and all and imma let you finish but Adam had the best first of all time. OF ALL TIME

>.>

Thanks for voting

Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Teasers, easily.

Though it does depend on the type of movie... if something like Wedding Crashers had a quick teaser, I'd be all "wtf is this" and probably would never see it.
MATTERHORN
Quote by footsteps7173

yay sig'd

I hate teaser trailer, because they always look so good , like "Knowing" or "the happening"
but the movies are actually shit
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I like the teasers more.
And Elz, what is it with you and film-threads lately. Are you going to make a movie?
Quote by The_Casinator
I like the teasers more.
And Elz, what is it with you and film-threads lately. Are you going to make a movie?

I has a media project, to make a trailer for a film. I actually already know what I'm gonna do, I just have to ask peopel this stuff anyway.

Quote by el-ECTRO
I has a media project, to make a trailer for a film. I actually already know what I'm gonna do, I just have to ask peopel this stuff anyway.

Show it to us when done.

By the way, what kind of camera are you using for the project/course?
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Show it to us when done.

By the way, what kind of camera are you using for the project/course?

I will, if it turns out good
And I'm not sure yet, whatever my school wants to lend me. They do have some pretty good ones apparently though.

Quote by el-ECTRO
And I'm not sure yet, whatever my school wants to lend me. They do have some pretty good ones apparently though.

Are you sure your school will trust you with an actual camera?
Quote by el-ECTRO

Ah okay. I've been musing with the idea of doing film as a hobby, and was wondering what a good camera would be without breaking the bank.
MATTERHORN
Quote by The_Casinator
Are you sure your school will trust you with an actual camera?

Yeah, seeing as they trusted me with a £400 digital SLR to take pictures with for an artical I have to write 'on my movie' today.

It really depends on which movie. There's been some trailers where I don't know if it's a comedy, drama, etc. If you can't tell the genre, you are doing it wrong.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
trailers should only capture the film's atmosphere and give a general idea rather than give away the story. most are pretty weak these days, although i loved the trailer for the new cohen brother's movie.
Quote by dustyboy316
It really depends on which movie. There's been some trailers where I don't know if it's a comedy, drama, etc. If you can't tell the genre, you are doing it wrong.

Yeah... I'm making a teaser trailer but it should be very clear that its a horror (:

Quote by el-ECTRO
yay sig'd

hell yea man! the timing and content was priceless!

now i wish i was witty nuff to be sigged...
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
One with lots of explosions, and Eddie Murphy doing something
Theatrical trailers that give the whole plot away are fail theatrical trailers... I prefer them because they give me a better sense of whether I'll like the movie. But if they spoil stuff I won't see the movie for that reason.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)