Hey everyone. New track up. Let me know what you think. Recorded in my bedroom.

http://www.myspace.com/chrishurnsolo
The Growing man (3rd track)

Please give me a link to your song and I will listen to it. And if you have myspace, add me if you like the tunes.

Chris
The highs are a little harsh on the lead vocal, the S'es stick out like a sore thumb. The song is really good though so if you do a slight remix (and perhaps put a mic in front of the guitar instead of using the piezo mic, you have a much better sound on Don't you forget) this is gold.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Last edited by ebon00 at Nov 12, 2009,
hey, this is actually really good. like the last guy said you should try remixing it a bit, but since its a demo you were probably gonna do that anyway.

i was wondering what program do you use for those backing strings (violins)?
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I plan on re-recording everything, usually I write these songs and record them in the same day, so I can hear them, then I make another version or two.

I agree with you on the guitar sound too, I used a cheaper accoustic-electric than in Don't you forget which was accoustic guitar mic'd, I think I'll go back to that.

John, the strings are East West Silver. I notated and recorded everything in Sonar. Let me know if you have any more questions about that I'd be happy to help you out. But they are good and pretty affordable.

Chris