So I am trading off my Marshall JCM 900 Hi-Gain Master Volume head today for a head with more gain and 6L6 tubes. I got offered a 6505+ head for it, and should be trading later today. My question is, what is the big difference between the 6505 and 6505+? I know a lot of metal bands use both, but would the 6505+ be suited well for metalcore and hardcore, such as TDWP (who use them) and an August Burn Red tone (who use the regular 6505)?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
all its got is a reverb i think but i dunno if the tones any different
Ah alright. Thats my main goal is to have pretty much the same tone outta the 6505+ as the 6505. I dont have any local shops around here that carry the 6505 amps because they all wanna carry Mesa. Im burnt out on my Mesas tone, and wanted something tighter.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Nice gear by the way, have you tried listening online for videos of both. I imagen the tonal diffrences would be subtle.
The 6505 has five preamp tubes. The 6505+ has six preamp tubes. Both are great amplifiers with massive gain that are spectacular for metalcore, thrash, grindcore, and any other form of apocalyptic metal that you can think of.
Quote by Shredy_Mc_shred
Nice gear by the way, have you tried listening online for videos of both. I imagen the tonal diffrences would be subtle.

Thanks. It took lots of saving to get it all lol. Im hoping this 6505+ is tight so it can replace my Mesa as my primary amp.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
The 6505+ will be a little bit more versatile in the sense that you get two independent EQs and independent resonance/presence controls, but it still has an ungodly amount of gain on tap. You should have no issues cranking out some ABR tones.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
6505+ has better cleans but slightly less gain i think.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Same thing, you cwill barely notice the difference in ones. The + has better cleans, and has very slightly less gain (but still more than enough) to the point you can barley notice it, and is also smoother.
the + has smoother, more musical, less raw gain, and a better sounding clean channel. its fairly subtle though
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The 6505+ is good for you. The gain is tight and plentiful. You can get the clean channel fairly clean or turn up the gain for conventional rock tones. I actually liked it a lot when I played it. I haven't played the other one, but you shouldn't have a problem getting your desired tones. Just don't overdo the gain man. It has A LOT.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
the + has smoother, more musical, less raw gain, and a better sounding clean channel. its fairly subtle though

I you Austin (that is your name right?)
Quote by Mrak_III
I you Austin (that is your name right?)

/no homo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.