Poll: Do you have an alter ego
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have an alter ego
yes
32 50%
no
32 50%
Voters: 64.
This thread discusses alter egos and their implications.

Do you have an alter ego? If so describe it, aswell as your normal self.

Do you believe alter egos have a negative effect on the growth of a stable personality?

Do you think sometimes they can get out of hand?

What do you think creates them? eg overactive imagination, selfhate, ect

You do not have to answer all of these questions.

Also feel free to discuss literature(Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde), Movies (fight club, LOTR) and artwork.
in high school my friends used to joke about me having an alter ego whenever i stood up for myself as i am usually a push over
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
<---------------
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
My alter- ego is a guy named JohnnyHIV as opposed to my regular persona, JohnnyV.

He is vile and rude and extremely funny. Pretty much comes out when I'm with my band. He says shit that would make you piss, go blind and turn purple.
Quote by vultures?OMG
TS, I'm not doing your homework for you.

I just watch fight club for the first time yesterday and it just got me thinking, thats all. No homework.
Quote by namesroverrated
<---------------

Without names, society would most likely collapse/turn into chaos.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Someone once said I should be banned for having an Alter ego! Damn you!

My alter ego is like a slim shady to eminem.
Do you have an alter ego?
Nope.

Do you believe alter egos have a negative effect on the growth of a stable personality?
Yes.

Sometimes they can.

We all like to be something that we're not now and again. Overactive imagination, I guess.
My alter-ego is Blunt Ashwater - the hard talking, bowl smoking, travelling journalist. He is different from my usual personality in that he is socially retarded, giggling incessantly at everything that is said. I transform after the first bong hit on a full moon. As for the implications, I have absolutely no idea, I'm not even sure I want to know...
Oh ya I forgot about slim shady and buckethead! I like how slim shady's voice is different from eminem's it adds to the persona.
I always tell my co-workers I'm working with my a lot more lazy and slower alter-ego.

It's not exactly an alter-ego, I'm just a lot more active when I'm not at my work.
I have like...many different faces (metaphorical ones ) I put on in front of different people, I rarely have my "own" personality equipped so to speak.
No, because I'm not the God damn Batman.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Ever since buying that nun costume for Halloween, it's sort of become my Green Man (for anyone who watches It's Always Sunny). If I ever want to be sure I'll get a reaction, I bust out the Smoking Nun.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by diminishedtobme
Do you have an alter ego? describe it, aswell as your normal self.

Myself - Calm, thoughtful, righteous, helping, generous, open minded and accepting of other peoples values and in a nut shell, I am a kind considerate friendly young man.

My alter ego - Is a racist bigot who hates change in his countries culture, swears a lot, only considers what he thinks, has strong political views that would eradicate most other races, sexualities and political mind sets. My alter ego is a mixture of, Eminem, Slim shady, Hitler, Stalin and someone who specifically tries to make people laugh by way of being harsh towards other people and also making fun of anyone who is unfortunate.

Yes/No 50-50 some people make a living out of their alter egos

yes

Boredom, fun, depression, attention seeking, self social experimentation.

Self social experimentation is my reason.
After my parents were killed in a mugging i decided to fight crime and avenge the innocent... I became batma... god damn it, someone took that idea already didn't they?

AlterEdit:

Since that one didn't work, i became the nightman. This is my story/theme song:

Every night you come into my room and pin me down
With your strong arms you pin me down
And I try to fight you
You come inside me
And fill me up
And I become the Night Man
Last edited by MustaKuura at Nov 12, 2009,
The normal self is Mohammad. He is a weak, pathetic and childlike Whom cant keep eye contact and always giggles about everything, he never stands up for himself. He always imagined himself as being a strong confident funny person. During a deep depression I became very delusion and imaginative and out of all his self hate the perfect him "money mo" was born. Things that are detrimental to money mos existence are drugs, alcohol, and women.

Yes they can be because you are not developing a well rounded personality and taking care of your weaknesses, you just cover them up.
Yes they can.

For me it was self hate and an overactive imagination.

Also when Im on UG thats just mohammad talking, tbh all I do is troll and whine about my problems, I gotta fix that.
My alter ego is Michael Scarn, he's an FBI agent and arrests everyone at any given time.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
1. how i act in private
2. how i act in public
3. how i act around people i trust

i dont think these are alter egos, but they are all very different from one another.
Aren't we all alter-egos? I mean, our internet personalities are our alter-egos. This allows us to pick and choose what aspects of ourselves that we want others to see, and we embellish those parts of us that we want to define our ideal selves. So yeah, I have an alter-ego, his name is I_hate_Kyle and he is UG's Disney fan.
there's some pretty good ones on here
Last edited by MustaKuura at Nov 12, 2009,
I have an alter ego, but it only really shows when I eat a banana.
Now if you'll excuse me, it seems that General Blight is up to his old tricks again.
Yes, I do. He's pretty much my exact opposite. I talk to myself/him a lot, with me playing both parts. Yes, I realize that's a highly abnormal behavior, but I realize that I'm not talking to anyone but myself, so I'm not crazy, just weird.
1.) I have an alter-ego. It's basically an exxaggerated charicature of my manic self.
2.) Yes. I'm a royal f*ck-up.
3.) Yes. I'm often out of hand.
4.) All of the above, plus ego, boredom and drink.
My alter ego's name is "Drez". She is the wannabe rockstar that everyone seems to like but has inside issues and sometimes can't be trusted.
-If you think it's over, you've got another thing coming-
I don't think I do, but then again, sometimes when I wake up in the morning I have what looks like blood on my hands and I'm usually clenching some kind of sharp object.

VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.

No, I just have a multi-faceted personality.

Yes.

Yes. Literally having an actual alter ego is out of hand IMO.

Self-hate really, people wishing they were someone else.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I am the Batman.

But seriously, I have no personality at home. That's mainly because my parents are where fun goes to die. They're not necessarily rude or mean people, they just have no concept of fun. They are absolutely no fun at all.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.

EDIT: OH SHHHIIIIIIIII--
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand