So I have a Fender Frontman 15G amp i got with my beginner's Squier pack.

http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.023-1500-049

Are there any footswitches I can get to switch between the drive channel and the clean channel? I don't want to have to lean down and press the button every time.

I know I should probably be getting a better amp instead, but I'm still saving up for that.
No, that would be a stompbox distortion pedal. It wouldn't change your channel, it would just add distortion the challenge you're on.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I hardly think you need one, wait til you have a better amp, both channels on the frontman sound equally bad
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.

That is where footswitch inputs will typically go. You amp does not have a footswitch input, and it's fairly uncommon to have footswitch inputs on low-end amplifiers, as they're meant as practice amps, and footswitches are typically aimed at someone who is playing in front of an audience and therefore needs the ability to switch channels quickly.
what amp are you saving for? how much do you have so far?

i'm asking because a footswitch (which i know you can't use here) would have been around $15.

for about the same price you can pick up a danelectro Fab metal pedal.

it might hold you over until you can get your new amp.
you'd also need an extra guitar cable, and a 9 volt battery.

just dont leave a cable plugged into the pedals input when it's off, or it'll drain the power out of the battery.

you would leave the amp on clean and then press the pedal to hear it's distortion.

which is also a lot better than the fender's gain.
(well when the fab pedal works right.) it's a plastic pedal. but pretty cool for the price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 12, 2009,
jj1565,

I am not entirely sure yet. I've been playing for 4 years though, and I have a pretty decent guitar (ESP MH-401) so I assume I'll get a pretty decent amp. In terms of money saved, I've only just started, so I still have a long way to go.

Thanks for the info on the Fab metal, I'll definitely look into it!

And just as a side note, I don't know too much about high-end amp distortions, but my Fender's gain sounds pretty decent. It's not the best thing in the world, but it sounds good for a 15 watt beginner's amp.
ok sounds good.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I found that the best way to switch channels on the frontman was to throw it out of an open window, making sure the knob to switch channels is facing downwards.....

you need to stop. this guy is working hard on his rig.

keep the little kid stuff in the pit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62