I'm looking for a new pickup for a bridge position in a Road Worn 60's Stratocaster. I'm looking for something with a little more power, more humbucker-ish. I saw the JB Jr and it looked okay, suggestions?
Keeping in mind it has to be single-size, not humbucker-size. The JB I've heard nice things about, a single coil Blackout would be awesome but actives/passives don't really mix well together. Other ideas?
Well the guitar will mainly be used for RHCP style stuff, but I'd like something a bit less fizzy and more powerful if I feel like switching over to the bridge pickup and playing some Metallica riffs or something, or just for a bit more power in solos.
Well they do make a Little '59 which would be great for Chili Peppers type stuff.

For Metallica you'd probably wanna go with something like the JB Jr. or possibly a Lil' Screamin' Demon.

Have you tried calling Seymour Duncan? Their customer service is very helpful and if you tell them what you're looking for tone-wise they will help you find the best pickup for you.
No I haven't, thanks for the tip. I've been browsing their website and they seem to have a lot of options that would be viable, the 59' and the JB seem like the best fit.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
No I haven't, thanks for the tip. I've been browsing their website and they seem to have a lot of options that would be viable, the 59' and the JB seem like the best fit.

Well like I said give 'em a call and explain to them what you're looking for tone-wise and they will help you find what you need. They are very helpful and friendly people