The Squier Affinity Tele: Is it a good guitar?

The main attraction for me with this guitar is the Butterscotch Blonde finish and the price, but is it up to standards?

Anyone whom owns this guitar please let me know what you think of it!

Please Reply!
Regards.
I think that for an 100$ you would get a better deal out of rondomusic.com with an SX Tele. The affinity series is very cheap. Plastic nut, cheap tuner, badly setup.

I would think you get more for your 100$ with : http://www.rondomusic.com/stl50.html
For America, the Affinity series are great - they're made with the same alder bodies that basic MIM Fender Standard instruments are and are great beginner guitars and are solid platforms to upgrade later.

However, I see you're in the UK - and we get shafted. The Affinity models made for all the markets other than the USA have the same cheap agathis bodies that the Bullet and Standard models have. They're not worth touching.

For us in the UK, the only Squier models worth touching - and I do mean the only ones - are the Classic Vibe series. That is it.

And to deal with the Rondo issue: it's pintless for people in the UK to buy from there because the import costs will double the price of the guitar. However, we have Vintage, who are certainly as good as any of the Rondo brands (and arguably much better), still cost less than Squier/Epiphone/ESP-LTD and are really worth looking into.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Nov 12, 2009,
i really like mine. stripped and refinished.

swapped pups and stuff.

good for the price. but i'm in the US so i wouldnt know about other countries.

also, i had to play a few before i got a neck i liked.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I see, I have actually tested one in a guitar shop nearby, it felt flimsy, plastic and cheap, but I couldn't tell how it sounded with the amp there. That and I never really trusted the Squire brand.

I'm willing to spend at least £400 for a good guitar.
All i'm really looking for is a Butterscotch Blonde Telecaster that is almost as good (or as good) as the American Standard Tele
well, you're not going to compare a squier to an american telecaster.

but my squier doesnt feel plastic, so i'm not sure about that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
squier is made in china ....

i'm a chinese , in china , it costs $100 . many new player buy it ..
If you are willing to spend up to £400, you can get a Fender Standard Telecaster for that. You may be able to find one of the more special Classic Player or Deluxe models for that sort of money if you shop around enough or buy a second hand one.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I love the american standard xD, If only I stopped being so shallow lmao, I suppose I could buy the Brown Sunburst and replace the white pick guard with a black guard.. Then it will look at least... similar haha
I don't own one but I played one at guitar center and I'm gonna be getting one in metallic red and I'm gonna put a black oickguard on it....
But sound wise I thought it was pretty good it fed back quite a bit (for me its a plus cause I play a lot of grunge) but wheb you play it on a clean or slightly fuzzy sound its nice. Its good for everything I play (nirvana, soundgarden, rem, foo fighters and since I'm getting into japandroids I think it'll be good for them to[since the guitarist plays teles :P])
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"