Hopefully, I will buy an amp soon to replace my Valveking Royal 8.
However, I need some good ideas about what amps to look at.
My basic requirements are:
- All tube
- Giggable (30 watts or higher)
- 2 (or more) footswitchable channels
- Effects loop
- Independent EQ for each channel is preferable, but not necessary
- Some kind of boost function would be nice, but again, not necessary

I mainly play metal (metallica, maiden, etc) but sometimes also heavier bands such as Children of Bodom, so I need a good distortion sound.
I also play some blues and usually mess around on the clean channel, so I need a pretty good clean sound.

I will use an Ibanez RG350DX with DiMarzio pickups and an ESP Eclipse with EMGs. I have a TS9 and an MXR 10 band EQ to boost the sound if needed.

My budget is around 1100 Euros for a head, I am willing to stretch to 1400 for a combo.

I live in Italy, so the prices are different than in the US
http://www.thomann.de/it/index.html has pretty much the same prices for which amps sell here.

Thanks

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
brunettis are bound to be worth a look, they're made in italy too. I've only tried the xlr-evo (which was awesome, but may be slightly over your budget), but the others are bound to be worth a try, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^I havent seen Brunettis in a long time, didnt even think they were still around haha!

You could pick up a Mesa/Boogie Rectoverb 50 combo under your budget. Can blast out the metal sounds no bother and it can do blues/hard rock exellent too!
Quote by Dave_Mc
brunettis are bound to be worth a look, they're made in italy too. I've only tried the xlr-evo (which was awesome, but may be slightly over your budget), but the others are bound to be worth a try, too.

I'll definetely check them out

Can someone suggest some relatively cheap, good quality 2x12 cabs?

And to the Rectoverb suggestion, I doubt I'll be able to find one here in Italy under my budjet, I might try eBay, but unless it's a ridiculously low price, I probably won't buy it.

Forza Juve

Quote by False_God
^I havent seen Brunettis in a long time, didnt even think they were still around haha!

haven't seen you around for a long time, either

Quote by solo_freak

Can someone suggest some relatively cheap, good quality 2x12 cabs?

the framus one has the rep of being decent and cheap, but i haven't tried it myself. most 2x12s are around the £300 mark anyway, so there's not that much in it...

EDIT: in addition to brunetti, for the amp, you should also check out the other european brands- engl, diezel (probably over budget, though), framus (haven't tried), koch, laney, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc

EDIT: in addition to brunetti, for the amp, you should also check out the other european brands- engl, diezel (probably over budget, though), framus (haven't tried), koch, laney, etc.

The problem with engl is that I don't really like their lower end (screamer, thunder, fireball, etc) amps, and the ones I do like are way over my budjet.
The cheapest Diezel is the the Einstein which is still pretty expensive.

A local shop has a Blackstar Series One 100 head for 1000 Euros, would that be good for me? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Forza Juve

i haven't tried it yet either, but if your local shop has one you might as well try it.

Fair point about the engls, I'm the same. Well, I quite like the screamer, but yeah, the more expensive ones are noticeably better.

Yeah, i was hoping the einstein might be around your budget, but even it's probably a bit more.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Someone at a gig I played recently had a Brunetti Pirate 141 (I think it was that model), but it had a really nice metal and had a nice lead tone. I can't comment on it too much because I only heard about 10 minutes of it.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Thanks a lot to everyone, I got me some amp testing to do in the next couple of weeks

Forza Juve

Quote by solo_freak
The problem with engl is that I don't really like their lower end (screamer, thunder, fireball, etc) amps, and the ones I do like are way over my budjet.
The cheapest Diezel is the the Einstein which is still pretty expensive.

A local shop has a Blackstar Series One 100 head for 1000 Euros, would that be good for me? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

the blackstar is supposed to sound similar to a marshall
^Yh, I think the owners of Blackstar used to work with Marshall or something like that anyway.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
^Yh, I think the owners of Blackstar used to work with Marshall or something like that anyway.

they were supposed to be ex marshall engineers that left disgruntled, probably laid off so they set up blackstar and now make marshall clones that are very similar to the real thing