as the title suggests. is there any possible way to fix this? the game says "failed to save" and "no back up memory detected" or if i does save after an hour of two the file is gone. when i started the game it was wiped clean if that helps. i know some of you pit go-ers have some useful info about stuff. if it requires sodering im up for it.

heres a picture of the inside of my game(i didn't take the picture but it does look like this)

i don't play video games too often(or at all really) but this is my favorite game and all help is appericiated. i have work so sorry if i can't answer any questions to help you guys out until then. thank you, thank you, to any and all help!

please no "to the gaming thread responses please", im not a gamer and the response time is far too slow.
Last edited by -tempest- at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by ikitson
i loved this game!

I suggest you play it on an emulator instead

i would but my computer is far too slow haha
There really isn't any solution to this, I got the same problem with mine in the summer. As far as I know, it's not possible changing the battery. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if I wasn't well informed.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by -tempest-
i would but my computer is far too slow haha

Your computer can't run a GBA game? 0.0
Dude, I used to LOVE that game. Both of them, actually. Played through them like five times each, found all the djinn.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Dude, I used to LOVE that game. Both of them, actually. Played through them like five times each, found all the djinn.

You played the 2nd one 5 times? jesus.. it was long :P
Quote by ikitson
You played the 2nd one 5 times? jesus.. it was long :P

Yeah, I picked both of them up again a few summers ago, took me a week to pass through the first game, thinking "this shouldn't take too long".

Lo and behold, five weeks later, finally!

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by The_Casinator
Just buy a new one, it's not that expensive.

i did i found mine and bought one(off ebay), both with the same problem. nintendo can't help me either haha. fu ck, looks like ill have to return this one to my seller and find one that works

Quote by ikitson
Your computer can't run a GBA game? 0.0

yeah it sucks haha, thats why all my recording sound terrible as well. my laptop is sooo old
You can actually change the battery, I've done it with my Pokemon Crystal version before, but I don't see a battery in that cartridge... Pokemon has what is basically a watch battery inside of it, so it was easy to find a replacement. I'm not sure what you can do here except buy a new one (which may or may not have the same problem) or download it.
Quote by -tempest-
i did i found mine and bought one(off ebay), both with the same problem. nintendo can't help me either haha. fu ck, looks like ill have to return this one to my seller and find one that works

yeah it sucks haha, thats why all my recording sound terrible as well. my laptop is sooo old

I strongly consider you get yourself a new one, you'll get windows 7 with it too and you dont really need that great of specs to do what you want to do.
Quote by ikitson
I strongly consider you get yourself a new one, you'll get windows 7 with it too and you dont really need that great of specs to do what you want to do.

im so poor though. i barely afford guitar strings haha
Quote by I_hate_kyle
You can actually change the battery, I've done it with my Pokemon Crystal version before, but I don't see a battery in that cartridge... Pokemon has what is basically a watch battery inside of it, so it was easy to find a replacement. I'm not sure what you can do here except buy a new one (which may or may not have the same problem) or download it.

If it has a battery I too would guess it would be pretty easy to find and replace. Have you looked at both sides of the circuit board?
Quote by BobDetroit
If it has a battery I too would guess it would be pretty easy to find and replace. Have you looked at both sides of the circuit board?

i have. i opened it somehow with a really small flat blade screw driver, the back is just flat. looks like a chip haha; pretty amazing how you can waste hours of your life on such a small thing.
Just get an emulator
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Unless your computer is something in the range of "built last millennium," it should be able to run an emulator.

And if you really want to go the normal route, I suggest Googling how to change the battery in an Advance Pokemon game. There should be loads of those around.

After reading over the OP again, your memory is shot, not the battery. Silly me. As such, I think your only options might just be a new game or an emulator.
Last edited by archangels666 at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by -tempest-
as the title suggests. If it requires sodomizing im up for it.

Fixed

I've had this problem before and couldn't find what to do so traded my Gameboy for a Namcon gun and Point Blank.... really wasn't worth it