http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rugbyguitargod/music/all/play732644

every guitar part you hear is the Alchemist. This song really demonstrates the sheer versatility of the amp. in this track, it gets heavy, but im not even using my Maxon OD9 or it could have been a lot heavier of a tone.

My Band: Throat Hammer (Blackened Thrash)

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
the clean guitar sounds good the lead sounds pretty nifty

you need to double track the guitars :O and they sound a bit thin but its not fizzy so your good there

more comp on your snare though and bring the rythm guitars way the **** up.

i really need to hear the tone double tracked to make an opinion though
Last edited by CatharsisStudio at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by CatharsisStudio
highpass the kick,

the tone is pretty thin. defiantly mess around with re-micing it or get a sick bass tone its not fizzy thank god \m/ but its good. needs more unf though but thats my opinion

the tone isn't bad though

i haven't quite figured out the best way to use the e609 as of yet. i use it and a KSM condenser mic about chest level and 2 1/2 feet off-center of the cab. should i throw a 57 on the other speaker and blend the 3? i think i may be getting phase cancellation possibly. any tips on micing/recording better im definitely open to

thanks for the compliments too. i really wanted to post this because a lot of ppl say this amp can't do heavy.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
Quote by CatharsisStudio
the clean guitar sounds good the lead sounds pretty nifty

you need to double track the guitars :O and they sound a bit thin but its not fizzy so your good there

more comp on your snare though and bring the rythm guitars way the **** up.

i really need to hear the tone double tracked to make an opinion though

it is double tracked

maybe my producer needs to mix it better. i told him it sounded like he cut too much bass out of the guitar tracks. i set my amp settings so that he wouldn't have to hardly eq the guitar tracks at all but he still dicked with it...

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

inspiron is the one im talkin about that is all-Bogner

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

It's definitely heavier than people say it can get. I like how clean the mutes sound. You prolly need to thicken up some of the tones though. I'm not sure what to tell you as far as that is concerned though. I'm fairly novice at recording.
Pretty good tone, but I agree that a bit more bass and less high mids would do alot of good. Try investing in an EQ