hey ug (sorry for my bad English in this post)

my parents are letting me get a new acoustic for Christmas, because my only other one is a plastic string of a car boot some years ago, their allowing me £200 ($450???) to spend, but im willing to put up about another £300 ( $650???) to make it to £500 ($1050??) id like a steel acoustic, mostly for sort of metal playing, i.e some intros to machine head and opeth and willing to buy second hand

thanks guys

p.s oh and im not really botherd if its electric or not, infact id prefer it not to be.

any ideas?
Quote by 1jack369
looks like noone wants to help me today

pretty much
Go to guitar store. Play everything they have in your price range. Go to another store, play everything they have in your price range. Rinse, repeat. Buy the one you love.

The internet is great for finding out what guitars other people like but the only way you're gonna find the one for you is to go out and find it yourself.
Last edited by .Finn. at Nov 12, 2009,
the guitar at the beginning of a lot of metal songs is run through effects, so what you get won't sound much like that. you might want to check out the yamaha L series or the fg730s.
Last edited by patticake at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by .Finn.
Go to guitar store. Play everything they have in your price range. Go to another store, play everything they have in your price range. Rinse, repeat. Buy the one you love.

The internet is great for finding out what guitars other people like but the only way you're gonna find the one for you is to go out and find it yourself.

QFT, do this, and you will be happy. Also, definitely look at used guitars. You can get a used guitar at 3/4 the price of a new one.