'bout time a guitar company asks what you want to see eh!?

i see all the time people with pretty good suggestions on what guitars should be/have ect. the guitar shop i apprentice at has just posted a blog on myspace asking for everyones input on what they'd like to see built.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=145726965&blogID=518205738

myspace.com/atomicguitarworks

theres the links. add them to your friends and drop them some comments on what you want to see done!

(if you dont have a myspace post it in this thread and i'll make sure they see the thread too.)
Bring back guitars with built in effects. I've seen guitars from the sixties with fuzz, tremolo, reverb and more in one guitar.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
flying v with 27 frets,floyd rose and emg's

and a red les paul with a picture of che guevara
Last edited by s1874 at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by s1874

and a red les paul with a picture of che guevara

Nothing could ever possibly say "I'm a tool" louder or clearer.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
Nothing could ever possibly say "I'm a tool" louder or clearer.

Well, "I'M A TOOL!!!" does a pretty good job of that.

TS, I like unique designs, particularly the one you have in your avatar. Also, I'd like to see some different woods. Not just exotic, but stuff that hasn't ever been used in guitars.
Quote by s1874
flying v with 27 frets,scalloped and emg's

Fix'd
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
ahaha well were off to a good start.

+1 on the scalloped! (see my build thread)

-1 for the EMG mention. (not a fan)

building les pauls gets you sue'd.

and 27 fret fretboards are for people that cant pull off a step and a half bend on the 24th fret and maintain prime location for the neck pickup *rolls eyes*

thanks! keep 'em coming!

and if you have a myspace post them on the actual blog to make sure they see them.
Harp guitar!

Eight-string neck, fanned frets (scales lengths from 25.5" to 28")
No inlays
Four lower ranged harp strings, eight higher ranged harp strings
Stereo outputs (individual outputs for the seven bass strings and thirteen treble strings)
Volume and tone controls for the treble set of pickups and the bass set
Bartolini pickups
and make it look sexy.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
the V's with active pickups, we've got two of those hanging in the shop, so i doubt their gonna build more, honestly they dont sell as fast as you'd think.

oil finish-
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=145726965&albumID=496250&imageID=8457138

pinstripe-
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=145726965&albumID=496250&imageID=15432187

and theres this one we brought to NAMM last year, the Red Baron -
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=145726965&albumID=2975633&imageID=37688155

so c'mon lets hear more ideas, LOTS OF IDEAS! WHAT HAVE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE?

when you walk into guitar center, what do you wish you could pick up as a dream guitar and run through that halfstack on 7!?
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Harp guitar!

Eight-string neck, fanned frets (scales lengths from 25.5" to 28")
No inlays
Four lower ranged harp strings, eight higher ranged harp strings
Stereo outputs (individual outputs for the seven bass strings and thirteen treble strings)
Volume and tone controls for the treble set of pickups and the bass set
Bartolini pickups
and make it look sexy.

how would one even go about playing that?
Manfred von Richthofen on a guitar!

mind = blown

I want a V like this some day
Regular V shape
Baritone neck (27 inch)
7 String
W/ Active EMGs
no trem
Ebony fretboard with no inlays, but the markers on the sides
gold hardware
and the finish has to be cherry red w/ a white pick guard
last 12 frets scalloped about 3 cm deep

make that!

(and give me the prototype )
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by POWERMETAL!
i dont see alot of market for that... lol

I'd buy it... For the right price.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
diofan88: call the shop when you want to start on that project, phone numbers on the website.

atomicguitarworks.com

they do one off things that are crazy, but i'm thinking they're looking for something that the general public wants to buy with this..

so maybe not DREAM guitar, but IDEAL guitar lol.. ...it'd be expensive to make a guitar that can make you breakfast every morning.
How about going with the "build a better mousetrap" philosophy and building a better telecaster? 24 frets, a neck in between fat and thin, series-parallel toggles, sustainer neck pickup?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
How about going with the "build a better mousetrap" philosophy and building a better telecaster? 24 frets, a neck in between fat and thin, series-parallel toggles, sustainer neck pickup?

I agree. lets see an awesome Tele! I wanna see one with Flamed Maple top, Maple Neck, and a full size humbucker in the bridge. It would be nice to see a Seymour Duncan SH-1 ('59 model) in there but I will leave it up to the experts. I'd be amazing if you could keep the humbucker in the bridge angled like a real Telecaster's is but you would probably have to use something other than a real tele style bridge to do that. I say just drill the pickups right into the wood.