a pair of SD Blackouts, I'm planning to mod my guitar but my Ibanez has a H/S/H setup.
I need a single coil pickup that'd go with the SD Blackouts, so does anybody have any ideas?

I play mainly heavy rock/metal such as Killswitch Engage [if that helps]

I know that Killswitch Engage have a few cleans in different songs so I suppose a pup that would compliment my cleans isn't a bad idea

Thanks
Do you already have the Blackouts or are you planning on buy them?

Which amp are you using?

What is it that you don't like about your tone that you've decided to change pickups?

What other gear do you use?

What's your budget?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Do you already have the Blackouts or are you planning on buy them?

Which amp are you using?

What is it that you don't like about your tone that you've decided to change pickups?

What other gear do you use?

What's your budget?

I'm using a Marshall AVT150X,
I personally feel that because it's my guitar and I want to keep this guitar for a while, I would like to make it my own. So i'm refinishing it, and swapping the pups. I'm planning on buying them, along with a Single Coil.

My budget: Anything really..?
At the moment i've got a few BOSS Pedals really.
I mainly use a BOSS MT-2, a BOSS EQ, and a Chorus pedal for cleans/solos/some songs.
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's going to have to be an active single coil. Actives and passives are not easily mixed.

Any suggestions man?
Since you're using an MT-2 (I'm assuming stock?) and an AVT150 I hope you don't expect a pickup swap to have a big affect on your tone.

You can wire a passive SC with active pickups, but its a very complicated procedure and its a lot more trouble than what its worth. You're better off sticking with an active SC, like forsaknwhatever said.

The only ones that come to mind are the Seymour Duncan Blackout AS-1 and the EMG single coils.
Alright, awesome.
Would it not be too much of a high output with all active blackouts? Just wondering

And no, i know it won't make much difference, but to put it simply i will be changing my amp eventually aswell, and because i'l be having this guitar for a while.. I hope to change my gear in time.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Alright, awesome.
Would it not be too much of a high output with all active blackouts? Just wondering

And no, i know it won't make much difference, but to put it simply i will be changing my amp eventually aswell, and because i'l be having this guitar for a while.. I hope to change my gear in time.

errr.. turn your volume down?

Actives don't have as much of an impact on solid state amps as they do on tubes. However, you're gonna get a lot of harsh distortion and high end fizz when you play hard on the strings.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
errr.. turn your volume down?

Actives don't have as much of an impact on solid state amps as they do on tubes. However, you're gonna get a lot of harsh distortion and high end fizz when you play hard on the strings.

+1

Active pickups have a weak magnet with a preamp to boost the signal which pushes already overdriven tubes harder, thus adding more dirt to your tone.

When used with SS amps they cause the signal to clip in the transistor of the amp which usually doesn't sound very good.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
+1

Active pickups have a weak magnet with a preamp to boost the signal which pushes already overdriven tubes harder, thus adding more dirt to your tone.

When used with SS amps they cause the signal to clip in the transistor of the amp which usually doesn't sound very good.

Unless you like that harsh transistor clip... and know how to control it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.