I just thought i'd post here to get some feedback on Orange Crush bass amps, are they any good? Are they worth the money? and Would i be better off getting the 35 Watt or 20 Watt amp for practicing?
I found these 2 to be the cheapest I could find of each Wattage:
http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/shop/view_product.php?product=oracrush35b
http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/details.asp?sku=4663

If i get the 20 Watt version I should also be able to buy a new Guitar but sadly not if i buy the 35 Watt version, I'm looking at these mainly for the fact they have Overdrive.
Currently using a 15W practice guitar amp i got with my electric guitar which surprisingly has yet to stop working, but i decided it was time to actually get a Bass amp for playing bass
I have the 20 watt and the overdrive isn't much, but it does help to get subtle growly tones. I would have rather gotten the 35 watt for the line out jack but I was in the same dilemma as you.
It's a nice little practice amp and worth the money.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they have a very nice new amp smell when you take them out of the box.
Last edited by matt-attack at Nov 12, 2009,
I have the 35b.... keep in mind these amps are British/Vintage tone.. over drive isn't much. I love the amp though, plenty loud at jams with a drummer. Very glad I got the 35, and +1 to the new amp smell... Orange rocks.
Quote by Captain Insano
Orange probably makes the best practice amps. They kick some serious ass.
Orange don't make them they're far eastern cheapos.
Orange like everyone else has jumped on the buget amp bandwagon.
I've never understood the 'practice amp' concept the money would be better spent on a better gigging amp..
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Orange don't make them they're far eastern cheapos.
Orange like everyone else has jumped on the buget amp bandwagon.
I've never understood the 'practice amp' concept the money would be better spent on a better gigging amp..

but then theres the fact people who arent gigging wont need such an expansive rig.So in essence practice amps would suit the person and from what i have tried the orange amps are pretty good.And how would they be knocoffs when they are licensed by orange.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Well I went ahead and ordered the 35b, thanks for the info guys, I also read good reviews from a few other sites so now I just need to wait and see.
It surely has to be better than a 15W guitar amp
Quote by Razgriz_101
but then theres the fact people who arent gigging wont need such an expansive rig.So in essence practice amps would suit the person and from what i have tried the orange amps are pretty good.And how would they be knocoffs when they are licensed by orange.
I suppose that I view it from a different angle to many on here, I bought my first Bass rig and a week later started gigging and in the first year played just short of 300 gigs, I've never stopped gigging although I don't play as much these days (although I would like more) so the concept of a practice amp is alien to me.
Regarding the far eastern imports of the buget range gear there have been some glaring examples of when good comany goes bad; the obvious example being the once highly regarded Behringer gear.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn