I've read the article which is linked in the sticky thread and i'm a bit confused about right hand muting.

In the image shown to mute the lowest two strings it looks as though you should rest the part of your palm nearest the joint of the little finger on the strings. I find this restricts the movement of my hand and makes it very hard to strum the string below.

If I was to palm mute 6 strings i'd lay my hand almost diagonally across the stings to make it easier to strum so I don't understand how to get to grips the the right hand muting technique shown in the article. I want to know how to do this as there are a lot of songs I like to play which get ruined by the top strings ringing.

The other thing I am having trouble with is changing power chords quickly. I find my hand slips off the guitar very easy, is there any exercises for this or is it just something that will eventually come with practice?
Practice! Loosen up your hand for palm muting, you don't need to press hard on the strings and you don't need perfect form or anything, it's not a damn violin. Both of those things will eventually come naturally.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by slipping off the guitar.
Quote by LutRes
I've read the article which is linked in the sticky thread and i'm a bit confused about right hand muting.

In the image shown to mute the lowest two strings it looks as though you should rest the part of your palm nearest the joint of the little finger on the strings. I find this restricts the movement of my hand and makes it very hard to strum the string below.

If I was topalm mute 6 strings i'd lay my hand almost diagonally across the stings to make it easier to strum so I don't understand how to get to grips the the right hand muting technique shown in the article. I want to know how to do this as there are a lot of songs I like to play which get ruined by the top strings ringing.

The other thing I am having trouble with is changing power chords quickly. I find my hand slips off the guitar very easy, is there any exercises for this or is it just something that will eventually come with practice?

Well for the first question, I get what you mean, but for the most part you're not going to be muting entire 6 string open chords. Its usually 2 or 3 strings at the most at a time.

For the second question, it comes down to simply practicing slowly. If you practice switching between those power chords perfectly at an incredibly slow speed, it will do you much more good than practicing it fast but sloppily. Same principle applies to everything
I hate my sig
Quote by Bonorly
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by slipping off the guitar.

I mean the strings.