Hey folks. So I want to make myself a simple little three string cigar box guitar, and I want to know how much trouble I'd have to go through to stick a resonator in there. I've seen pictures of folks making resonators out of altoid tins and pie pans and crap like that, but I just have no idea how exactly a resonator works.

Anybody mind helping me out here?
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
lol 90+ Views and no help.. Have I stumped you guys?
Quote by brownsfan456

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
Quote by chokmool
Try--tedcrocker.com/cbgreso. Best design I've seen.

THIS. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I just can't wrap my mind about the mechanics of the device from the pictures, though.. D:

This is what I'm thinking from looking at these images..

Two metal bowl-shaped things seated in one another, one of which protrudes from the front of the instrument slightly and acts, in part, as the bridge..

I'll shoot the guy an email, lol.
Quote by brownsfan456

Quote by metal4all

i have made a couple before, i tend to use a piezo pickup. only cost a couple of quid to make. i think it is the best way to go.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Last edited by Dix_Fix at Nov 13, 2009,