I want to learn how to sweep pick. Where should I start?

-sc00t
Gear:
Vintage Bass
Laney G300 Amp Head
Laney RB410 4x10" speaker
practice amp: Trace Elliot Commando 10

Fender Stratocaster (Korean model, early 1990's)
CUBE amp

Harmonica (Key: C)
1) Read stickies, once you understand the concept, move to step 2

2) Pick a song you like that involves sweeping. If you cant think of any, check "Ultimate Exercises" thread.

3) Choose a song from the 'sweeping' section.

4) Look up the song and some tabs and practice it
I hate my sig
duncan hills coffee jingle
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Cheers for the latter suggestions. Not so much for the first 2 passive-aggressive replies though :p the sweep picking songs in the sticky thread aren't my kinda music to be honest lads, hense my asking. I'm more in to indy stuff or brit pop, especially coxon/albarn.

Thanks again. Keep 'em coming though if you guys have more suggestions. I'll give those few suggestions a listen on youtube.

-sc00t
Gear:
Vintage Bass
Laney G300 Amp Head
Laney RB410 4x10" speaker
practice amp: Trace Elliot Commando 10

Fender Stratocaster (Korean model, early 1990's)
CUBE amp

Harmonica (Key: C)
Get the Frank Gambale DVD's "Chopbuilder" and "Monster Licks and Speed Picking", also "Modes - No More Mysteries" is worthwhile. If you are dedicated enough to work all the way through "Chopbuilder" and can nail the Sweep picking round (think it's round 9) then you are well on your way. The entire content of all these DVD's is going to stress "efficiency picking" which is essentially a generalization of sweep picking techniques to all your playing. Just a word of advice, be prepared to work.....
Cheers for the latter suggestions. Not so much for the first 2 passive-aggressive replies though :p

... you'll find that reading the stickies will certainly help. If you don't like the stickie suggestions for songs and if you know what kind of music you like, learn the sweeps from that, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.