Page 1 of 2
Well, I'm not the most healthy eater, and even though I'm relatively skinny (I wear a 31X32 jeans and I'm 6'0) I've started to notice metabolism catch up with me and I wanna stop because the few pounds I've gained aren't that hard to lose.

So, I other than one little time, I haven't bought fast food in over a month, and I'm gonna try to quit for the future. Been having Salad for lunch, and sandwiches for dinner. Maybe one or two days of the weekend I'll eat something tasty that isn't super healthy (Mexican food for example) but it's not as bad as McDonald's or anything. But here are the thread topics:

1. What are some healthier places to eat (healthier that fast food, that is) that aren't restaurants? So far I can't think of places besides Subway, Panera Bread and Schlotzskys (Don't know if they have that in all you guys neck of the woods).

2. Even though I'm trying to give up food like greasy hamburgers all together, how much worse for you is McDonald's or Burger King in comparison to a non-fast food Burger place like Five Guys or just some local burger joint? It seems like McDonald's puts all kinds of shit in their food that non-fast food burger places don't.

TL;DR? What are some places that aren't that bad for you in terms of health that you guys like to eat at?
Last edited by The Madcap at Nov 12, 2009,
Panera Bread is the greatest place on the face of the Earth. Next to Little Caesars.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I've been trying to eat healthy too, problem is there isn't anywhere in the mall to get anything that good for you. There's a Subway and that's probably the best, although I've heard that there's a lot of fat and salt in them.

I try and bring in my own lunch, like a tuna sandwich with salad on wheat bread, and some fruit but the problem is I can't always be bothered to make it in the morning

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Fast food places are horrible, I stopped eating that crap about 6 years ago when I saw supersize me. That's not the main reason though... A real burger is always better than a crappy mcdonalds halfassed burger, lol.

Besides, it's bad for you.
Most people on UG aren't very nice.

That is my signature.

This is true.
eating fastfood is not that bad for you, and I don't believe that McDonalds puts lots of weird stuff into their food, but you should pay attention to how much you eat there.
I can't really think about any places to eat out other than the ones previously mentioned. You could of course try cooking for yourself... Nah that's just foolish, right?
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Looking at your profile pictures you can stand to gain some weight.

Go to gym and eat whatever you want and build some muscle.

But to answer your question:

Google fast food nutrition labels and start packing/cooking your own lunch. Buy chicken breasts, rice, vegetables, and some peanuts.

It takes a little more time than sitting in a drive thru, but if you want something you have to work for it.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Umm, I don't have any stats on this, but I think its safe to assume that a one-off burger joint will be healthier than McDonald's/etc.

An alternative is to start making your own food. And I don't mean cooking full-out three course meals, I'm talking simple stuff, like salads... but dude, sandwiches for dinner isn't gonna cut it.
Remember too that buying food gets fucking expensive. If you buy lunch everyday, that creeps up on you after awhile.
MATTERHORN
I eat moderately healthy, then on the weekends I pig out. But luckily I have a high metabolism and I jog/run and lift weights with core workouts.
I'm pretty much the same as you. 6' dead on and wearing 32's.

So long as you work out a bit or do some jogging, you should be able to eat whatever the hell you want.

Exercise => healthy food. It's a common misconception that all you should do is eat healthily. Still ain't gonna get that blood pumpin' through you if all you eat is veg. Go nuts, just don't be lazy.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by The Madcap
Well, I'm not the most healthy eater, and even though I'm relatively skinny (I wear a 31X32 jeans and I'm 6'0) I've started to notice metabolism catch up with me and I wanna stop because the few pounds I've gained aren't that hard to lose.

So, I other than one little time, I haven't bought fast food in over a month, and I'm gonna try to quit for the future. Been having Salad for lunch, and sandwiches for dinner. Maybe one or two days of the weekend I'll eat something tasty that isn't super healthy (Mexican food for example) but it's not as bad as McDonald's or anything. But here are the thread topics:

1. What are some healthier places to eat (healthier that fast food, that is) that aren't restaurants? So far I can't think of places besides Subway, Panera Bread and Schlotzskys (Don't know if they have that in all you guys neck of the woods).

2. Even though I'm trying to give up food like greasy hamburgers all together, how much worse for you is McDonald's or Burger King in comparison to a non-fast food Burger place like Five Guys or just some local burger joint? It seems like McDonald's puts all kinds of shit in their food that non-fast food burger places don't.

1) Don't go to any fastfood places. Either make your own food or go to a proper restaurant.

2) They're all crap.

Quote by Talonwolf
I'm pretty much the same as you. 6' dead on and wearing 32's.

So long as you work out a bit or do some jogging, you should be able to eat whatever the hell you want.

Exercise => healthy food. It's a common misconception that all you should do is eat healthily. Still ain't gonna get that blood pumpin' through you if all you eat is veg. Go nuts, just don't be lazy.

Jogging only burns energy, it doesn't deal with poor nutritition or some magical cholesterol lowering cure.

Eat well and exercise.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There's no such thing as unhealthy food, just unhealthy diets. Eating just salad and sandwiches isn't going to do you much good- three decent meals a day, or 5 smaller meals throughout the day stimulates the metabolism- you have to eat to lose weight healthily.
Fun fact: McDeez uses Grade D beef from a company called Grade A. This allows them to advertise that they use Grade A beef.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Also, Birthday : August 18, 1990

Your metabolism isn't "catching up with you" anytime soon.
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Does Chad Johnson still eat McDonalds everyday? I remember he did when he had his best season, I was all liek and he was all liek
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Also, Birthday : August 18, 1990

Your metabolism isn't "catching up with you" anytime soon.

He can still gain a few pounds, though. If he's short and doesn't move around much he'll gain easier, for example.

If I were TS I'd embrace putting on a few pounds, though.

Quote by darkcheef
Does Chad Johnson still eat McDonalds everyday? I remember he did when he had his best season, I was all liek and he was all liek

Eating at mcdonalds every day, what a role model.
Quote by Kensai
He can still gain a few pounds, though. If he's short and doesn't move around much he'll gain easier, for example.

If I were TS I'd embrace putting on a few pounds, though.

I'll agree he is capable of gaining weight, but to shift the blame to "metabolism catching up" is just as dumb as fat women saying, "it's my thyroid!!!"

Its because he eats like shit and is a girly boy who won't lift some iron.
Quote by Kensai
1) Don't go to any fastfood places. Either make your own food or go to a proper restaurant.

2) They're all crap.

Jogging only burns energy, it doesn't deal with poor nutritition or some magical cholesterol lowering cure.

Eat well and exercise.

Sorry, bad typing on my behalf. I meant so long as you generally eat healthily and exercise, you can have a fair few fast foods and not see too many consequences.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by SteveHouse
Fun fact: McDeez uses Grade D beef from a company called Grade A. This allows them to advertise that they use Grade A beef.

Ergh, that's disgusting. I hate how companies can use these loopholes to get away with obvious false advertising.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Kensai

Eating at mcdonalds every day, what a role model.

Chad Johnson is the opposite of a role model, he is flamboyant and legally changed his last name to Ocho Cinco
Make your own meals with food you've bought in a supermarket.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Make your own meals with food you've bought in a supermarket.

I have to say meths, I saw your name in the Last Post box and was expecting a mental beat-down. I'm disappointed.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'll agree he is capable of gaining weight, but to shift the blame to "metabolism catching up" is just as dumb as fat women saying, "it's my thyroid!!!"

Well we can't aaall be manly men

Quote by Talonwolf
Sorry, bad typing on my behalf. I meant so long as you generally eat healthily and exercise, you can have a fair few fast foods and not see too many consequences.

It's better yeah but personally I'd stay away from fastfoods altogether.

Quote by darkcheef
Chad Johnson is the opposite of a role model, he is flamboyant and legally changed his last name to Ocho Cinco

Sounds like a douche.
Quote by itchy guitar
I have to say meths, I saw your name in the Last Post box and was expecting a mental beat-down. I'm disappointed.

I think asking where to eat healthy food is a stupid idea. I don't understand why someone wouldn't make their own food unless Americans have got so retarded they've forgotten how to.

Also, TS, do some fucking exercise. You're more likely to keep the weight off than if you try to survive off lettuce for a month.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
I think asking where to eat healthy food is a stupid idea. I don't understand why someone wouldn't make their own food unless Americans have got so retarded they've forgotten how to.

Also, TS, do some fucking exercise. You're more likely to keep the weight off than if you try to survive off lettuce for a month.

That's the meths I know!
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd say don't aim to be any particular weight, but rather aim to be healthy - you will return to the weight you should be. This means having a balanced diet, enough nourishment and nutrients, and doing a bit of exercise, even if that's walking. Start eating healthily and you will feel good. That includes fruit and vegetables, grains/breads, nuts, and lean meat.

If this thread doesn't satisfy your curiosity, ask your doctor. They'll know exactly what you need.
Last edited by Le_Bunny at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by CrunchyRoll

Right, hypothyroidism and PCOS are complete bullshit

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Kensai

Sounds like a douche.

Yup pretty much, which means his daughter now has to go to school with that joke of a last name.
Quote by CrunchyRoll

Oh boy.....
Quote by Meths

I go jogging and I get some exercise at work. I'm on my feet having to walk all day moving boxes around.
Quote by SteveHouse
Right, hypothyroidism and PCOS are complete bullshit

I guess you're right.

It's not their fault they are fat. Its genetic! They can't help it! They need to take more synthroid. And this phentermine. And get a lap band. It's not their fault and we should stop discriminating against them. The number of obese and type two diabetis is only rising because of hypothyroidism. That is the only plausible answer.

Quote by The Madcap
Oh boy.....I go jogging and I get some exercise at work. I'm on my feet having to walk all day moving boxes around.

That's not exercising.
Last edited by CrunchyRoll at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I guess you're right.

It's not their fault they are fat. Its genetic! They can't help it! They need to take more synthroid. And this phentermine. And get a lap band. It's not their fault and we should stop discriminating against them. The number of obese and type two diabetis is only rising because of hypothyroidism. That is the only plausible answer.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse

I agree hypothyroidism is a real diesease but to allow fat people to shift the blame to said diesease is a disgrace to the actual victims and is a terrible mentality to have.

You disagree?
omg TS, Five Guys is the best food establishment Ive ever set foot in
love is love // return to dust
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I agree hypothyroidism is a real diesease but to allow fat people to shift the blame to said diesease is a disgrace to the actual victims and is a terrible mentality to have.

You disagree?

Quote by Wikipedia:Hypothyroidism
Early symptoms

* Poor muscle tone (muscle hypotonia)
* Fatigue
* Cold intolerance, increased sensitivity to cold
* Depression
* Muscle cramps and joint pain
* Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
* Goiter
* Thin, brittle fingernails
* Thin, brittle hair
* Paleness
* Decreased sweating
* Dry, itchy skin
* Weight gain and water retention[9][10][11]
* Bradycardia (low heart rate – less than sixty beats per minute)
* Constipation

Now, I don't know about you, but I've only heard precisely one fat person in my life blame her thyroid, and she's been clinically diagnosed with hypothyroidism. But maybe, somewhere, there's a bunch of straw women running around in XXXXXL t-shirts that say "IT'S MAH THYROID BYITCH!" and Juicy short shorts. I won't pretend to live everywhere.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Page 1 of 2