Alright, so I'm an effects n00b, so if someone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it. I know that in Soothsayer Buckethead uses delay for the clean parts, and I just use reverb... it doesn't sound exactly the same, but it still sounds good. What does he use for the beginning of the solo? I think it's wah but as I said I'm an effects n00b. Also, if it is wah, does he use a wah with an expression pedal or an autowah?

Thanks in advance
Its been a while since I've listened to the song but I believe it is a wah in the solo - I'll have to go back and double check to be sure.

Last time I checked his rig he was using a Dunlop 535q.
definitely a wah in the solo, although he is only using it slightly in most places. he also uses a killswitch in the distorted intro bit (power chords). a killswitch would only cost about $2 if you wanted one.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Thanks guys! I'll definitely get a wah sometime cause that sound is awesome, but I'm poor so I'll probably either get a job and save up or get a cheaper wah...

And yeah, I know that he uses a killswitch and I've read a little in the killswitch thread... I might install one on my guitar when I replace the switch (worn out) and pickups (low output). Speaking of pickups, he uses X2N's, no? If so, are GFS power rails good copies? Sorry about seeming like a Buckethead fanboi but I just really love his tone

EDIT: also, what pots do Epi explorers come with - 300k or 500k? If they're 300k I should probably replace those too, right?
Last edited by I is be sexy at Nov 12, 2009,
He uses dimarzio air norton and tone zone pickups, the wah he used could either be a standard 535q or a snarling dogs mold spore wah . He also uses a bit of delay and runs his signal through an alalogman bicomprossor, and in certain parts of the song he mixes a digitech whammy and whichever wah he is using, some crazy shit.... also expensive sooooo good luck.....
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by I is be sexy
EDIT: also, what pots do Epi explorers come with - 300k or 500k? If they're 300k I should probably replace those too, right?

300K?? I'm not an expert on this but last time I checked guitars used 50k (actives), 250k (single coils), or 500k (humbuckers) - with some people using 1megs for a very "open" tone.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
300K?? I'm not an expert on this but last time I checked guitars used 50k (actives), 250k (single coils), or 500k (humbuckers) - with some people using 1megs for a very "open" tone.

I know that what you said is usually the case, but I thought I remembered some model of guitar that came with 300k and humbuckers maybe not