So i bought a PC game (MW2) but its not working on my pc properly even thought i have the right spec PC. Is it possible to get an exchange for a 360 game? I have opened it obviously etc.

(i will phone and ask tomorrow but i wanted to know now if anyone knew)
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Nov 12, 2009,
If you have the recipt they may let you. But if you bought it and then thought "Wait, I wanted the 360 version," then I highly doubt they will do that for you

Edit- Well if it is faulty take it back and tell them it is. If they won't swap it for the 360 version ask fo your money back or to be put on a gift card. The just buy the 360 version
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Last edited by Vendetta16 at Nov 12, 2009,
Isn't there a however long warranty from HMV on faulty products?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Can't you just return it with the receipt?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
30 Day rule...

I think?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by CTFOD
Isn't there a however long warranty from HMV on faulty products?

The disc isnt faulty i dont think, its just not running right on my pc.
they might let you return it, then go in later and buy the 360 version?

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
they might let you return it, then go in later and buy the 360 version?

well its less likely ill get a refund, and i dont want one anyway i just want a 360 version.
I think if it's the same price then yes, and if not, you pay the difference of get some money back.
You could just get the refund (hopefully) and leave out the whole exchange thing, and just go and buy it again for the xbox.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
if they dont let you, you could maybe find someone to trade with?

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
what usualy happens is you have 30 days to return it usualy they give you a slip with tick boxes saying whats wrong with it they will give you

a)vouchers to spend in hmv

b)the same but one that works

c)your money back
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
if the place has a return policy like walmart. THey will only let you Exchange open software for the same software on the SAME platform. So exchange it for one in celephane rap wait a day or so and return the one in cellophane for an exchange on 360 or refund. My guess with your computer problem is you have integrated graphics. Which means no gpu ie bad for gaming.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Most places won't let you trade in video games, but they might give you your money back if you have the reciept, and then you could use that money to buy the 360 version

EDIT: I meant to say PC game, not video game sorry.
Last edited by benonbass1 at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by benonbass1
Most places won't let you trade in video games, but they might give you your money back if you have the reciept, and then you could use that money to buy the 360 version

Its not a 'trade in'.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Its not a 'trade in'.

Well your trading it in for another game *shrugs*
It's just that most places won't take second hand PC games, but if it's still under the 30 warranty then they might.
Uninstall the game from your PC, hand it back in and let them know the problems. Ask them to test it. They should take it back.
Though I will warn you, I bought it on the 360 the other day, and I severely wish I bought the PC version.
Why isn't it working? Before taking it back, update your drivers, yada yada yada.
🙈 🙉 🙊
If it's less than a week old and you have the receipt you can get money back or an exchange no questions asked..

I think that's just general store policy for anywhere.. So you should be alright.
Quote by GaryJ
Uninstall the game from your PC, hand it back in and let them know the problems. Ask them to test it. They should take it back.
Though I will warn you, I bought it on the 360 the other day, and I severely wish I bought the PC version.

Whats wrong with the 360 version? The online play on the pc apparantly sucks because its 8v8 and most people are ultra laggy.

I was wondering this because i registered with steam etc so i dont know how to unregister.
Most places I've been to make it known before you pay that you can't take back PC games.
-

Quote by TechnoLp
if the place has a return policy like walmart. THey will only let you Exchange open software for the same software on the SAME platform. So exchange it for one in celephane rap wait a day or so and return the one in cellophane for an exchange on 360 or refund. My guess with your computer problem is you have integrated graphics. Which means no gpu ie bad for gaming.

+1

I'm pretty sure of this.
My mum worked at ASDA so I know, and from experience.

Because it's software [which can be pirated. I mean, you can buy a game, make a copy of it, get a refund. Free Game!], you can't get a refund. You can ONLY exchange for the same thing.

But, you may be able to change platform IF lucky.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO