So basicly it's like this:

I quit school, can't start new Education 'till next years september.
I got 2,5 K in Euro's (like 3000 dollars I think?).
My dream is to see the world and now i finally got the time on my hands to do so.

WHAT would you guys do if you had the time and the money?

My idea:
Buy a working visum for Australia and work there for 2/3 months and build some credit so I can go backpacking in Australia and maybe travel to Fiji or New Zeeland and come back to The netherlands a month before my new study starts.

Again:
don't you need like 5000 Euros in order to do that work-and-travel thing in australia?

With 2500 euros, it would be way too risky for me to travel to another continent.
I'd probably go chill in Spain for a while and play with some chicas.
You're not going to live long on 2,500 euros.... haha

But this is good. You'll see what the '"real world" is like, and realize how necessary a good job and/or education is, and try hard in school next year!
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CrunchyRoll
You're not going to live long on 2,500 euros.... haha

But this is good. You'll see what the '"real world" is like, and realize how necessary a good job and/or education is, and try hard in school next year!

also, this.
I would go to the Netherlands and order up a Royale with cheese and French fries drenched in mayonnaise.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by CoreysMonster
don't you need like 5000 Euros in order to do that work-and-travel thing in australia?

I just got the money today so I haven't really looked into the amount of cash a person needs to get clearance to go to Aus. Now you mention it, I have read about it somewhere that you need a minimum amount of cash to get in Australia...

anybody got more info on that?
Quote by itchy guitar
I would go to the Netherlands and order up a Royale with cheese and French fries drenched in mayonnaise.

NETHERLANDS

buy 2000 Euros worth of pot

DO IT

EDIT: dammit, you already live there.

hmm... buy 2000 Euros worth of pot and come and visit me
Yah you need 5000 dollars to get into Australia and a working visa. I looked into it.

Anyways why not try living in Holland and then travel Europe for a month or two after?

Edit: You're from Holland? I just assumed you were from England.

Still, travel Europe. I would love to go there again, the culture is so different than here. But come to Canada, you'd get all the ladies with an accent.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Last edited by dustyboy316 at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
NETHERLANDS

buy 2000 Euros worth of pot

DO IT

EDIT: dammit, you already live there.

hmm... buy 2000 Euros worth of pot and come and visit me

I want a cut for inspiring your wonderful idea.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar

this, then spend the remaining money on pot. smoke alot of it, and order a shitload more Royales with cheese

EDIT;
dammit i was beaten to the pot suggestion. Well, then do what the guy under me says about coming to canada. i know a guy who can get you some nice kush for you're money! and then come visit me!
just give me a fender and let me rip
Last edited by sk8board3r at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by pantera456
I'm confused. I thought 25 K meant 25,000 not 2,500

It's 2,5 which equals 2.5 by American measurements.
Quote by MakinLattes
I've been to all the countries you mentioned, lived in NZ and Aus for a combined total of 3 years. Don't listen to these guys, 2500 euros is easily enough, as long as you get a job reasonably quickly, and it's piss easy to get a job fruitpicking.

But if I were you, I'd probably save a little more, and then go to Southeast Asia or India or somesuch. It's so much cheaper than the countries you mentioned, for 1000 euros a month you can have a very nice life and see a lot. edit - I was thinking in Aus dollars, not euros - 1000 euros will probably last a lot longer than a month!

I wouldn't bother with Fiji unless you're loaded, I went there with very little and basically wasn't able to afford going to the nice white sand islands and resorts, I saw a lot more poverty and grime than that sort of thing. It was still cool, but Fiji is really a place for package holiday tourists and celebrities.
Last edited by Beserker at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
Come to Canada if you like. the summers are nice and we love exchange people. 2500 euro is ~4000 CAD btw

The summers sure are nice there I guess but remember, i got from now 'till next august so it'll moslty be winter.

About the pot smoking ideas, been there, done that I guess

Ok so australia is kinda out of the question cuz I need 3200 euro's of money for travel and i just have 500 euro's left after i buy my ticket and visum.

Canada might be cool, Amerika is also high on my list but i'm afraid i might gamble all my money away in Atlantic City or Vegas :P still.. that'd be awesome

keep em coming guys
travel to a third world country like mexico where 1 dollar are 13-14 pesos so you can have more fun with less money
Step 1: Get a boat that can cross atlantic.
Step 2: Get lots of pot.
Step 3: Find buyers in carribean.
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit!!!
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by luis16
travel to a third world country like mexico where 1 dollar are 13-14 pesos so you can have more fun with less money

You know, that would be a life experience of it's own all together. Just like Asia as somebody mentioned.

I'm just afraid i'm gonna end up somewhere where nobody talk english and I can't understand a word of that asian jibberish.

Is Amerika possible with 3k dollars? as long as I get a job as soon as I get there I can't see why not?
Quote by luis16

A one dollar pack of gum isn't going to cost one peso in Mexico.
Quote by MakinLattes
Why he would want to go to Canada, i dont know... especially living in EUROPE. Hes got enough ladies there as it is. but sure, definitely travel as long as you can.
Quote by itchy guitar
A one dollar pack of gum isn't going to cost one peso in Mexico.

exactly, you might as well just travel to Japan where a Euro is 100 yen.

imagine that, going from 2500 Euros to 250000 yen!!
Quote by CoreysMonster
exactly, you might as well just travel to Japan where a Euro is 100 yen.

imagine that, going from 2500 Euros to 250000 yen!!

I don't think a 1 Euro pack of gum is going to cost 1 yen over in Japan though.

Damn Japan would also be nice, shame i'm not into Japanese girls
hmmmm
HOOKERS!
jk
random question>
is this a more European website?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by divinecrossfire
Step 1: Get a boat that can cross atlantic.
Step 2: Get lots of pot.
Step 3: Find buyers in carribean.
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit!!!

More like massive loss haha, I think you want to be going in the other direction.
Quote by rushpython
hmmmm
HOOKERS!
jk
random question>
is this a more European website?

Technically, it's Russian, but I would say the ratio of Americans to Europeans is pretty equal.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Consort BV
Y
Is Amerika possible with 3k dollars? as long as I get a job as soon as I get there I can't see why not?

Nope, it is pretty impossible. The plain ticket would be expensive, getting a working visa costs money, and you would have to get a POS job since it is pretty hard for anyone to get one now a days.
Quote by darkcheef
Nope, it is pretty impossible. The plain ticket would be expensive, getting a working visa costs money, and you would have to get a POS job since it is pretty hard for anyone to get one now a days.

Neuk. That kinda means that I can't go to another continent... I already did a euro trip last summer with 3 of my best friends so that kinda sucks.. Guess there are alot of things i haven't seen but I would LOVE to go to Australia or somewhere that's NOT europe.
Quote by itchy guitar

Pulp Fiction FTW!
Quote by skaterskagg1
Pulp Fiction FTW!

It's true, we dip everything in Mayonaise.

pretty sickening
Quote by Consort BV
Neuk. That kinda means that I can't go to another continent... I already did a euro trip last summer with 3 of my best friends so that kinda sucks.. Guess there are alot of things i haven't seen but I would LOVE to go to Australia or somewhere that's NOT europe.

Australia is possible I tell thee. They don't check your funds at the border. 500 is a bit tight though, I'd go for at least 1000.
Quote by Beserker
Australia is possible I tell thee. They don't check your funds at the border. 500 is a bit tight though, I'd go for at least 1000.

Yea but what if they do ... I would have bought a ticket for jack sh*t.
Is it worth the risk?
Quote by Consort BV
So basicly it's like this:

I quit school, can't start new Education 'till next years september.
I got 2,5 K in Euro's (like 3000 dollars I think?).
My dream is to see the world and now i finally got the time on my hands to do so.

My idea:
Buy a working visum for Australia and work there for 2/3 months and build some credit so I can go backpacking in Australia and maybe travel to Fiji or New Zeeland and come back to The netherlands a month before my new study starts.

Again:

Why would you quit school? ._.

Either finish university or whatever and then go travelling as much as you want, because you'll actually have an income or if Holland has a co-op thing you can make money and then during your 4month break you can go
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Why would you quit school? ._.

Either finish university or whatever and then go travelling as much as you want, because you'll actually have an income or if Holland has a co-op thing you can make money and then during your 4month break you can go

I quit school because I realised the education i was following was not for me. I want to go study again but i can't start my new study till september of next year

Quote by darkcheef
Go to Canada, they are nice and have free medicine

Sounds nice :P Any tips on getting work there? any requirements regarding funds for entering the country?
Last edited by Consort BV at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by Consort BV

Sounds nice :P Any tips on getting work there? any requirements regarding funds for entering the country?

My friend went there last year, but all he said they did was check him since we live in America. Idk what it is for people overseas.
Quote by Consort BV

I'm not sure about getting work, but my parents immigrated to canada with a hundred bucks for the 3 of us, and my dad was able to pay it back to my uncle in a week. With that much money you should be pretty financially stable, all you'd need is an ok job. Not sure if you can get a job on a visit/reg visa, though.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.