does anyone know the chords or the type of chords he uses in this song? he mostly uses them in i guess what would be the chorus.
Last edited by zachm07 at Nov 12, 2009,
There is no chorus in the song, just the head, so I'll give you those:

Emaj13 A6 Emaj13 A6 B6 D6 G6 Bb6-A6

Each is for 1 bar except the Bb6 and A6 which is both in one. This pattern repeats itself and in the solo it is just E then A alternating until teh Outro (which is the same as the head.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
i'm guessing its the maj13 chords. by chorus i meant the part that is played the most and the same the majority of the time, the refrain. thanks though. i really like the feel it has.
No problem. Most of the song follows that pattern throughout. It is truly one of the greatest and most mellow songs written. You should check out a live version on youtube if you haven't

Its So Easy
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
there are a couple of good tabs on this site.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I have a book written by Craig Hopkins that has a page sized photocopy in it of the actual piece of paper that stevie ray vaughan wrote out the chords he played on. Their are a few diagrams showing how to voice them and then a few chord changes written out. If you want i can scan those for you tommorow at work.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by FendermanOC
I have a book written by Craig Hopkins that has a page sized photocopy in it of the actual piece of paper that stevie ray vaughan wrote out the chords he played on. Their are a few diagrams showing how to voice them and then a few chord changes written out. If you want i can scan those for you tommorow at work.

that would be absolutely amazing.
Quote by FendermanOC

Can I second the last poster and say it would be fantastic if you would be so kind as to scan those in? Any chance you could email to jhsalah at yahoo dot com?

Many thanks in advance.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
Quote by JHS
Can I second the last poster and say it would be fantastic if you would be so kind as to scan those in? Any chance you could email to jhsalah at yahoo dot com?

Many thanks in advance.

Shit i totally forgot about this sorry, but if you and zach are interested i will scan them tommorow.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by FendermanOC
Shit i totally forgot about this sorry, but if you and zach are interested i will scan them tommorow.

No worries! And yes, still interested, if it's not too much trouble. (Now my wife is REALLY going to be pissed when I start trying to practice those over and over, and over again.)
Thanks again in advance.

I don't know anything about anything yet when it comes to guitars, but if I can return the favor somehow let me know.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Last edited by JHS at Nov 30, 2009,
Hey dont worry about it man, music is meant to be shared. Ill grab the book tommorow morning its got a few other things i wanted to scan anyways, theres some unfinished songs stevie never recorded in it too. Ill send you those too if you want.

wow thats interesting, i thought stevie ray vaughan was an ear player, did he just write down the fingering or the tab or something? i was under the impression he couldnt read notation
Quote by FendermanOC
Hey dont worry about it man, music is meant to be shared. Ill grab the book tommorow morning its got a few other things i wanted to scan anyways, theres some unfinished songs stevie never recorded in it too. Ill send you those too if you want.

Sure, anything you care to scan and send of Stevie's, I'm sure I'd like to have and work on playing some day.

Best,
J.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
Boss Loop Station Pedal
i think srv would have stumbled on these chords from the hendrix chord, it seems logical because he was uneducated player, move your third n fourth fingers up a fret from the hendrix, then hold that shape and move to the oppropriate positions and there you have lenny. thats how i got it anyway.
Quote by yourmatejosh
i think srv would have stumbled on these chords from the hendrix chord, it seems logical because he was uneducated player, move your third n fourth fingers up a fret from the hendrix, then hold that shape and move to the oppropriate positions and there you have lenny. thats how i got it anyway.

but the question is, did he sell a fvck load of records?
Quote by motoko
but the question is, did he sell a fvck load of records?

the question was actually more along the lines of does anyone know the chords to lenny?
needless to say he sold more than you motoko...
Quote by FendermanOC

I don't know if you sent these guys it individually or not but can I please see this too?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by yourmatejosh

you sound like you're full of shit