So lets say a film was made about the German army in WWII, if it was done in the right way, would it offend people? Hear me out on this one here is a sort of rough synopsis of the film-

The war is pretty much in full swing, and the film tells the story of young German men being drafted into something they don't want to do, and basically shows how they are constantly having propoganda drummed into them, and are made to follow orders by men who are more enthusiastic in Hitlers regime.

I dunno how well i explained that, but i saw a thread on war stuff earlier and it just got me thinking about how in WWII, with the German army, surely there must have been soldiers who didn't agree with Hitlers regime at all, but are fighting so that they aren't punished by their government. One thing i think would be difficult to get away with is the fact that if there was a film like this, they would be fighting against, and killing Allied soldiers.

I don't know if a film like this has been done already, but what are your thoughts?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I don't think it would offend people..I mean clearly the soldier in question doesn't agree with Hitler, he's just fighting to cover his own ass
All's Quiet on the Western Front. Its a book and a movie. Its about WWI German Soldiers. Its pretty cool.
Watch "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "Flags of our Fathers". It shows both sides of the war. Two very good movies
Quote by NoOne0507
All's Quiet on the Western Front. Its a book and a movie. Its about WWI German Soldiers. Its pretty cool.

I did think of that, i have never seen it all the way through, only bits of it, so i wasn't sure if that was the main plot (the whole thing of young man not agreeing with war to save his own skin).
WHOMP

Quote by BOPAWholewheat
I don't think it would offend people..I mean clearly the soldier in question doesn't agree with Hitler, he's just fighting to cover his own ass

ha this reminds me of a quote of General S. Patton from a COD game
" the purpose of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his"
It would be a very interesting film and if it was done right, I would go see it. I think it would offend the same amount of people that are offended by other war movies (it would only flip the spectrum). Truly it would be a good idea considering how badly the Germans were treated at the close of both wars (especially with Versailles)
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
ill tell you right now, while this idea doesnt offend me, it WILL offend people. our world is filled with overly-sensitive pansies, as well as people with zero sensitivity at all.
PAH!
Most of the Wehrmacht were non-Nazi, just very nationalistic Germans. A lot of them weren't even aware of what the Nazis were doing. So yes a film about say, Wehrmacht soldiers in Africa or some such would probably be pretty uncontroversial. It's only fair that the millions of Germans who died have their story told too.

Some things wouldn't go down well with some people. Personally, I'd love to see a film (accurately done) about the Einsatzgruppen or the Totenkopf Division, but most people would probably be offended and see it as "inappropriate".
all is quiet on the western front is from the german point of view in ww1

EDT: damn beaten to it
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Last edited by Chunky_Lover at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by Its So Easy
It would be a very interesting film and if it was done right, I would go see it. I think it would offend the same amount of people that are offended by other war movies (it would only flip the spectrum). Truly it would be a good idea considering how badly the Germans were treated at the close of both wars (especially with Versailles)

Maybe to balance out seeing the deaths of Allied troops, at some point in the movie one of the more horrible characters (an fascist officer perhaps) getting their just desserts.
WHOMP

Watch Downfall. Tis about Hitler.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by szekelymihai
ha this reminds me of a quote of General S. Patton from a COD game
" the purpose of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his"

I love Patton qoutes
Heres some more:
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

"Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man."

"I dont give a damn about the color of your skin,
just kill as many sons of bitches wearing green as you can."
Quote by axethrower13

Quote by ozzyismetal

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Grave of the Fireflies

Ok, not a movie about Germany, but about how poverty and famine stricken Japan was during the end of WWII. Brilliant film.

And +1 to Western Front and Iwo Jima
I remember seeing Letters from Iwo Jima then immediately watching Flags of our Fathers. It was one of the most unique things ever. It was amazing and interesting to see both sides of the battle and how many of the things made the troops the same.
Quote by axethrower13

Quote by ozzyismetal

Quote by Weaponxclaws