Poll: Guys Straightening Their Hair: Gay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Guys Straightening Their Hair: Gay?
No, it's not gay.
177 65%
Yes, it's gay.
82 30%
Other [specify]
15 5%
Voters: 274.
Page 1 of 3
Simple poll. Do you think it's okay for guys to straighten their hair? Or do you think that it's "gay" or whatever?

Please, say WHY you think what you think.

Personally, I think it's fine. I do it. My hair looks like shit if I don't do it. During summer I didn't even bother with it at all, I just showered, dried my hair, shook my head, and it was okay. I straightened it for things like concerts and big public things, but for the most part I didn't bother with it at all, 'cause I didn't go in public that much.

I don't see what's so "gay" about superheating your hair 'til it's straight using two ceramic plates that would give you... pretty bad burns if you're not careful.

Opinions?
Dude... you don't see james bond straigtening his hair do you?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If they're straightening their hair whilst having sex with another guy then it's pretty gay.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I do it.

I see no problem with it, it makes my hair look nice...if you're going to have long hair then it needs to look nice.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Why not? Appearance is important no matter what sex you are. If you look better with your hair straightened then you should straighten your hair when going out, this is if you don't mind wasting time on the process.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by Msu_Man04
Simple poll. Do you think it's okay for guys to straighten their hair? Or do you think that it's "gay" or whatever?

Please, say WHY you think what you think.

Personally, I think it's fine. I do it. My hair looks like shit if I don't do it. During summer I didn't even bother with it at all, I just showered, dried my hair, shook my head, and it was okay. I straightened it for things like concerts and big public things, but for the most part I didn't bother with it at all, 'cause I didn't go in public that much.

I don't see what's so "gay" about superheating your hair 'til it's straight using two ceramic plates that would give you... pretty bad burns if you're not careful.

Opinions?

Are you trying to say that all gay men are unmanly and weak and that straight men can take being burned quite easily?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I'd call it 'poncey'. I've never really figured why guys put on make up n' stuff like that, and I feel as though straightening your hair is relatively the same thing.

But that's my opinion - do whatever you want. Just don't expect others not to laugh.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Last edited by Talonwolf at Nov 12, 2009,
It's not gay, it just looks bad. It looks pretty bad on girls for the most part too unless they do it very sparingly.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
It's fine.
Guys are allowed to put effort into making themselves look good without being gay.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
this thread has popped up here multiple times before

if they straighten it so they can have the flap over one of their eyes or something like that then its gay
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I'm in high school and occasionally people make fun of me behind my back for it. I think it looks good. You can check my pictures if you want to see... at least I think I have a picture in there with it straight.

If I don't then I have a ramp on one side of my head and... it's just bad.
Quote by ep1kz
this thread has popped up here multiple times before

if they straighten it so they can have the flap over one of their eyes or something like that then its gay

Yeah, I don't do that. It just falls down like normal hair, flat across my forehead/face, just straight.
My friend's gay and he straightens his hair.

So by my brilliant powers* of deduction I'm going to say that it's gay.

*Debatable
I don't see a problem with it.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
i straighten. i really dont think its gay. it looks good. girls like it too. (most of the time) kinda a win win here.
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
i only straighten my goatee.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just got a great idea! i think i might want to set up a blog somewhere because i have a lot of great ideas to share. would you guys read it if i did?
trolling the pit since Aug 09^
My hair is naturally straight and long, does that mean I'm naturally gay ?
I don't straighten my hair because it would look terrible, and I don't want to look like Axl Rose

Is Axl Rose a homosexual? Most likely not. But does he look gay? Yes. Therefore, it is gay
I straightened my hair the other week. I don't like the look. It was too neat and polished. I prefer my hair wild and curly.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I tried it once before, I didnt really like it. But now I do use a product called "Fiber" and it gives me the exact same straightened look but it seem more natural looking, I recommend it as an alternative.
if you're a guy and you care enough to straighten your hair.....then well.....that speaks for itself
I have long hair and it looks nice unstraightned, I don't really dig it because most of the guys I know that do it look like flamboyant homosexuals :-/ nothing wrong with gays or anything.
How is it gay? I'm pretty sure gayness is measured by how often you insert your meat into another guy voluntarily, not by how your hair looks.

I don't because I have almost completely straight hair, but what you do with your hair is your buisness.
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
TS, probs on actually spelling "yea" right. I feel like I criticized someone in a thread a few days ago for that.

/words from a grammar nazi.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by WastedxYears
if you're a guy and you care enough to straighten your hair.....then well.....that speaks for itself

No, not really. What does it say? MANY guys care enough to shave their face, just like women care enough to shave their legs, armpits and womanly parts. What does THAT say?

Quote by food1010
TS, probs on actually spelling "yea" right. I feel like I criticized someone in a thread a few days ago for that.

/words from a grammar nazi.

Thank you. XD

Quote by Tremolo Bum
Just get a haircut.

Guys playing around w/ their hair is kind of gay and girly imo.

My ears stick out really far, and before I grew my hair out, I was really self-conscious about them. If I cut it all off, I'd have to put up with that. And I have a really high hairline and prominent eyebrows, which are sort of hidden by the hair.
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by Msu_Man04
No, not really. What does it say? MANY guys care enough to shave their face, just like women care enough to shave their legs, armpits and womanly parts. What does THAT say?

That we're all a little gay, in our own special way.
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Just get a haircut.

Guys playing around w/ their hair is kind of gay and girly imo.

wow, you're an idiot. People are supposed to have long hair. You may not think so with your corrupted society influenced mind, but nature, biology, evolution, natural selection, and history say otherwise.

What music do you listen to... Because unless you listen exclusively to rap most of your favorite musicians are probably gay in your eyes.

EDIT: oh wait, a good bit of them have long hair and pig-tail it, cornrow it, and other forms of 'playing around w/ it'
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones