after looking for a good fairly high gain amp head to suit my tastes i ended up liking the peavey JSX i tried at guitar center, and was ready to pay the 1350 for it, but after looking on ebay later that night i found the same thing for 600 bucks in extremely good condition .. i think i got a pretty good deal myself. this thing sounds phenominal, and even though this may be hard to believe this thing can bring the br00talz

Last edited by MYLILSS at Nov 12, 2009,

HNAD!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
HNAD man!
That's a sweet deal!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
The JSX can absolutely bring the Brootalz! Nice score. Great price for a great amp.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Woot!

HNAD...

I still can't figure out why Satch needs that much distortion in his amp... when he doesn't even begin to use much of it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Woot!

HNAD...

I still can't figure out why Satch needs that much distortion in his amp... when he doesn't even begin to use much of it.

He doesn't even use it. All of his distortion comes from external pedals ran through the clean channel.

TS: HNAD!! You can send it to me when you get tired of it
Quote by ragingkitty

you know thats the whole reason i have never even thought twice about these amps. he has good tone but not enough gain for me, so i never gave the amp a second look, till on of the GC guys who is in a metal band told me he had the same head and that i should just give it a chance, i would be surprised. it totally blew me away in the respect it was way more than i had ever guessed it would be ..
Quote by MYLILSS
you know thats the whole reason i have never even thought twice about these amps. he has good tone but not enough gain for me, so i never gave the amp a second look, till on of the GC guys who is in a metal band told me he had the same head and that i should just give it a chance, i would be surprised. it totally blew me away in the respect it was way more than i had ever guessed it would be ..

As I said in my previous post - Satch only uses the clean channel of his amp. All of his distortion comes from external dirt pedals. He uses a Vox Satchurator now and before that he used a modded DS-1.
Its got enough gain for metal... I just find the amp's voicing too smooth for my liking.

Quote by i_am_metalhead
He doesn't even use it. All of his distortion comes from external pedals ran through the clean channel.

O yeah... i forgot.

Which if you think about is worse... he's got a perfectly good amp that was voiced for his needs... and he uses pedal.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 12, 2009,
i know what you mean ragingkitty , but i figure i can for the amount of money i saved over new i can have this amp for the smooth high gain and fairly good cleans, and then get a 5150 or something for that raw metal tone ..
nice, one of my favorite amps! hnad!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by MYLILSS
i know what you mean ragingkitty , but i figure i can for the amount of money i saved over new i can have this amp for the smooth high gain and fairly good cleans, and then get a 5150 or something for that raw metal tone ..

I recommend you don't.

Save the money...

Save more money...

then get a Bogner Uberschall.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
HNAD man. Great amps.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yeah 600 bucks.. i was stunned when i won it for that price myself ... and ragingkitty , i basically bought this to hold me over till i get my splawn nitro .. i am going to be ordering one of those around the first of the year after all the holliday stuff has come and gone ...
Quote by ragingkitty
I recommend you don't.

Save the money...

Save more money...

then get a Bogner Uberschall.

This. The new uberschall twin jet is more raw than any amp peavey can turn out, and with the changes they've made, it actually cleans up beautifully. The rhythm channel can now easily have a shimmery vox clean, then smash your face with the lead channel.... its awesome.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I've really gotta get me some seat time with one of these bad boys. I've seen them go for as low as $500CAD which seems phenomenal.

HNAD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ragingkitty
Its got enough gain for metal... I just find the amp's voicing too smooth for my liking.

O yeah... i forgot.

Which if you think about is worse... he's got a perfectly good amp that was voiced for his needs... and he uses pedal.
I'm actually one of those guys who isn't even familiar with Joe's tone or music. It really just sounds like your typical instrumental solo wanking to me
As for the smoothness of the gain, that can be solved by keeping the Fat switch in the off position and by experiencing with choice preamp tubes in select positions. Pickup and speaker selection helps too. I like JB's and V30's.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
HNAD !!!

I love the JSX one of my favorites.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster