Hello I was just wondering would be the best tubes to put in my Classic 30. I posted in the Classic 30 thread a few days ago but it seems to be pretty dead. My Classic came set with all JJ's and I heard that they are a great choice for the Power tubes but could get better for the Preamp tubes. What tubes would you recommend (even for power tubes if you feel there is better) that would better suit the Classic. I would like it to have warm cleans and clear overdrive, wouldn't mind a bit more gain but thats not necessary but I certainly don't want any loss of gain. Thanks!
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
JJ's are great powertubes. I love the preamp tubes and they are cheap.
go to eurotubes.com and look for the complete retube kits for the classic 30.
they have different options like blues, hi gain, and smooth or watever. just see what option suits you.
And remember all you need to do is pop the tubes right in and clean the sockets.
you don't need to bias for the classic 30. some ppl lose alot of money by taking it to a tech.
i would just go with all jj's and choose which complete set suits your needs.
i get the good clean and high gain lead pack.
i get great cleans and GNR like distortion out of it.
hope i helped
Quote by herrotim
JJ's are great powertubes. I love the preamp tubes and they are cheap.
go to eurotubes.com and look for the complete retube kits for the classic 30.
they have different options like blues, hi gain, and smooth or watever. just see what option suits you.
And remember all you need to do is pop the tubes right in and clean the sockets.
you don't need to bias for the classic 30. some ppl lose alot of money by taking it to a tech.
i would just go with all jj's and choose which complete set suits your needs.
i get the good clean and high gain lead pack.
i get great cleans and GNR like distortion out of it.
hope i helped

Thanks for the advice! One quick question though, how do you clean the sockets? I have never retubed an amp before so I am quite clueless.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by myguitarskucks1
Thanks for the advice! One quick question though, how do you clean the sockets? I have never retubed an amp before so I am quite clueless.

haha dude...the website tells you to clean them. but i didn't do mine. i think you are supposed to spray contact cleaner on the sockets and work the old tube in and out a few times to take away like dirt or watever.
oh and make sure your amp is off when you do it. as long as you use common sense you will not get shocked.
so ya....eurotubes.com!
they are like a bunch of hicks but they have excellent customer service.
i got a sticker with my tubes!
good luck with your amp. its an awesome one.
Quote by herrotim
haha dude...the website tells you to clean them. but i didn't do mine. i think you are supposed to spray contact cleaner on the sockets and work the old tube in and out a few times to take away like dirt or watever.
oh and make sure your amp is off when you do it. as long as you use common sense you will not get shocked.
so ya....eurotubes.com!
they are like a bunch of hicks but they have excellent customer service.
good luck with your amp. its an awesome one.

Once again thanks a lot, and do you know if the set of JJ powertubes they offer in the kits on eurotubes are basically the same what my amp came with? Because maybe I can save some cash by just getting the Preamp Tubes they suggest in the kit. Or are these specialized tubes that I can't buy seperately?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by herrotim

Sounds like a seal of approval to me!
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
the power tubes are probably exactly the same.
mine came with crappy sovtek tubes, you got lucky.
umm...well power tubes tend to not last as long as preamp tubes.
how long have you had the same power tubes?
i would probably just retube the whole thing.
and you can buy every single tube separate but the good thing about the complete retube kits is that they are specialized for whatever you want.

haha and of course...the only companies that are good are the ones that give out stickers with your purchase....everyone here in the south knows that
Last edited by herrotim at Nov 12, 2009,
Haha well I got mine in 2007 but for about a year I didn't use my amp at all so the tubes i think should still be decent. I do like how they hand pick the tubes and all that for what I want. Hmm maybe i should spend the extra money. Thanks a lot herrotim!
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by myguitarskucks1
Haha well I got mine in 2007 but for about a year I didn't use my amp at all so the tubes i think should still be decent. I do like how they hand pick the tubes and all that for what I want. Hmm maybe i should spend the extra money. Thanks a lot herrotim!

glad i can help.
If you can easily replace the money i would just go for it.
i had to sell my ibanez for my tubes....that kinda sucked but was definitely worth it.