i have a marshall mgdfx50 and im looking to get a better metal sound out of it.. if i get a metal muff will it sound like shit or is it worth trying? i not so good when it comes to amp knowledge
haha well im glad youre honest.

but speaking of my amp what would be a good choice for a new amp? something bigger and more powerful
Quote by Mc-Dap

but speaking of my amp what would be a good choice for a new amp? something bigger and more powerful

budget?
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
Quote by Mc-Dap

Not something better? Just bigger and more powerful?

The MG100DFX.
Quote by Mc-Dap

Bigger is not always better!!I had my metal muff set up to a little ss ibanez starter amp..and i got some awesome sounds, i cant replicate it on my half stack. I think when it comes to choosing amps, pedals, guitars...you have to try it yourself.
Not a lot of ppl on here will give you the honest answer, some around here think if you don't have a mesa you don't have shit..

try it out
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Bigger is not always better!!I had my metal muff set up to a little ss ibanez starter amp..and i got some awesome sounds, i cant replicate it on my half stack. I think when it comes to choosing amps, pedals, guitars...you have to try it yourself.
Not a lot of ppl on here will give you the honest answer, some around here think if you don't have a mesa you don't have shit..

try it out

thanks man il have to try it out

Not something better? Just bigger and more powerful?

The MG100DFX.

i meant better too* my bad

and as for budget id say il pay as high as like 600 maybe a little higher
Bigger isn't better.

You can get some great used tube amps for that price, or save a little more and get the 6505 combo, 0 watts all tube, does the br00tlz well just not good cleans and can get noisy.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
i love my Bugera 6262 212 combo, they say the first run had a cheap transformer clip, but it's been fixed for the new models.

I got mine for $500 brand new out the door form guitar center. I don't know of any other 120 watt all tube high gain 2X12 amp combo for $500 new.

oh yeah, and it sounds tits 6 12AX7's
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at Nov 13, 2009,
i see i will have to check both of those out on my next trip to guitar center.

i need something good enough to play shows. so you know i need something nice and loud with a great heavy sound. plus good quality
Quote by JoePerry4life
Bigger isn't better.

You can get some great used tube amps for that price, or save a little more and get the 6505 combo, 0 watts all tube, does the br00tlz well just not good cleans and can get noisy.

0 watts doesnt sound very loud....

but in all seriousness this is a good suggestion. it's good as long as you dont need cleans
well everyone seems to be suggesting the 6505 so next trip to g-center il have to really take a look at them