Hey there guys.

I have taken your advice and decided to pay off the amp first before buying pedals.
My price range varies i think about $1500 is my max.

I currently have paid 500 dollars on a vox AC30.
I think i want something even better or maybe more reliable. I dont care for on-board FX as they arn't very good. So just a pedal with nice tone.

My influences are: Radiohead, Metalica, MGMT, Red Hot Chillie Peppers, Led Zeppelin and so on, to many to write.

So basically rock to metal and then cool pop riffs like MGMT.

My current chain is

72 Fender Telecaster Custom Black - Dunlop Wah//MXR EVH Phaser//Marshall Shredmaster//Ibanez Flanger Fl-9//Boss RV-2 Reverb//Digitech Whammy Wh-4 - Line 6 Spider Jam.

I know my current amp's sound is less than useable espicially with Pedals.
Ahh thanks guys i think uh 50 watt's to 100 watts, half stack. The left over will be going towards pedals.
I definitely say Marshall JCM800/900/or even 2000. A lot of people around here don't care for the 2000's but I think they have more gain than the 800/900s and sound great. As long as you avoid MG/AVT Marshalls you won't really go wrong with your price range. You can get a very nice Marshall stack for that man.

There is a guy on harmony central selling his Marshall 6100 head (like I have..check the profile for sound clips) with a matching cab for something like 1500 I think...It would be a great investment on your part!

EDIT: And the matching Marshall cab has vintage 30s...mmmmm looks like you have yourself a deal sir haha
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Last edited by chuckmehh at Nov 13, 2009,
Man i tottaly would but i dont want to get it shipped over, damn that does sound like a good deal. I might have a look for a vintage marshall, new marshall's dont have that same flare but still worth a try.

Thank you sir for reinstating my belife in Marshall JCM2000.

Iv'e narrowed it down.

Vox AC100 VS Marshall JCM2000
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 - Great sounding Marshall. One of the better ones to come out of the factory in a while, in my opinion. It doesn't have that harsh treble that is often akin to earlier, slightly cheaper Marshalls - we're not talking about a JMP or Plexi here.

Orange Rocker 30 - Very British sounding, but darker. It has a tidy amount of natural gain, isn't muddy at low volumes and breaks up very nicely when you crank it.

Laney GH50L - A little thin and harsh, according to some, but it's still a great single channel amp.

Splawn Competition - I haven't played anything by Splawn, but they are supposed to have a more vintage sound compared to other high-gain amplifiers from America.

Marshall JCM800 (not the reissue) and an OD pedal

VHT Pitbull - This might be a bit too modern for you, although I have heard this particular VHT to be one of their more vintage, less gainier models.

Blackstar Series One - I haven't played this yet, but I've heard a few good comments on it that may suit your style of music.

Something by Carvin - Carvin sound to me like they are cross between liquid American gain, and vintage Marshall grit. I dunno, though. I'm just pointing them out, I can't comment on them properly.

Mesa Boogie MkIII - Maybe the more organic of the Mesa Boogie amps?
Honestly, I think your setup would be amazing with the AC30. You paid $500 for it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by kmister
Man i tottaly would but i dont want to get it shipped over, damn that does sound like a good deal. I might have a look for a vintage marshall, new marshall's dont have that same flare but still worth a try.

Thank you sir for reinstating my belife in Marshall JCM2000.

Iv'e narrowed it down.

Vox AC100 VS Marshall JCM2000

I would definitely go for the Marshall for you man. I really think you will love it and be totally satisfied. There is also a Marshall 6100 head on ebay for 675 with no bids...That's an absolute steal. Shipping with ebay is generally safer as well (you won't get ripped off).
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Thanks guys, I think i will get a Marshall JCM, or have a look at that vintage modern.
The AC30 would be good but i think i need (and want) a stack i can definitly play live with.

Thanks guys, great help!.
You can play live with AC30 .... Im guessing you dont know how loud one is ....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Yeah i have played them a bit, i just would prefer a stack, then i wont have to upgrade, for years.