So pit,

For my marketing class, we are to come up with a new product. It can be anything (appropriate) that is practible, and somewhat within the realms of plausible. I want to do sort of a low cost thing (something that wouldn't cost a billion dollars), so then my target market can be larger. We are to be presenting the product as if we are presenting it in front of a team of investors.

This is usually a simple task for me, but it is getting late in the semester, and after 16 new products already, my creativity is running low.

The best thing I can come up with right now is a sort of PS3/TV hybrid sort of thing. One of the benefits to this would be that it would be more space efficient, and I was thinking I could make up some stuff about "online in-game bonuses," sort of like certain armour you could get only by having the PS3/TV hybrid thing.

Thoughts? Suggestions for new products?

Thanks
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
Solar powered flashlight.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Assuming the screen would be as big as the system itself or maybe a tad bigger, that wouldn't be very fun to play on
Quote by Jackal58
Solar powered flashlight.

i think you have won
Quote by St. Angry
youre right. i just checked the dvd i have agian and it is in D standard. i dont think Metallica has ever done a song in drop D, or drop C for that matter.

^Check his username again
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Folding cups and plates. Like origami. Space efficient.

Okay, if I could come up with a way to prevent the liquids from escaping the cracks at the folds, I would run with it.
I'm Back.

Quote by JackalUK
Guitar picks with an inbuild locator

+1, then we could not only find our picks, but also those damn pick gnomes.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Nevermind1299
Assuming the screen would be as big as the system itself or maybe a tad bigger, that wouldn't be very fun to play on

I was thinking like a flat screen that you hang on the wall, sort of like the ones with the built in DVD players in them.

You're right though, not all gamers have huge flatscreens...
I'm Back.

Quote by indie_prep
Okay, if I could come up with a way to prevent the liquids from escaping the cracks at the folds, I would run with it.

This might help

Quote by indie_prep

Lol, to be honest I didn't even think of that.

Umm, why not think about iPhone apps? Or something technology-related (aside from your PS3/TV idea); those kinds of things sell well.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Lol, to be honest I didn't even think of that.

Umm, why not think about iPhone apps? Or something technology-related (aside from your PS3/TV idea); those kinds of things sell well.

What else is there to with apps though? I don't have an iPhone so I can't really check what's available and what's not.

Ever had a moment where you thought, "Wish there was an app for that"?
I'm Back.

Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Guitar pick with built-in mini amp.

(Not sure how much this would be though.)
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

I like the pick locater idea. If there was a way for it to be cheap to make and practible I would go with it
I'm Back.

Quote by indie_prep
What else is there to with apps though? I don't have an iPhone so I can't really check what's available and what's not.

Ever had a moment where you thought, "Wish there was an app for that"?

Sorry... I didn't have any ideas myself, was just throwing that out there.

But I'm actually thinking about things, as this is somewhat relevant to my interests.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Sorry... I didn't have any ideas myself, was just throwing that out there.

But I'm actually thinking about things, as this is somewhat relevant to my interests.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm trying to work with the pick locater thing, but instead I have sort of come up with a "designated area" for your picks.

Say you're done playing guitar, you put your pick on your night stand and the pick gnomes steal it during the night.

Instead, when you are done playing guitar, you instinctively put your pick in the designated pick area.

Of course, I try to keep a designated pick area in my room, but it never seems to work out...

hmph...
I'm Back.

^Why not make magnetic picks with an accompanying magnetic "landing pad," which could be placed anywhere... tacked to a billboard, taped to a wall, whatever.

The only way an actual locator would work (and remain cheap) in my mind is that if the picks had some sorta onboard buzzer, but that would change the pick's form dramatically.

MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
^Why not make magnetic picks with an accompanying magnetic "landing pad," which could be placed anywhere... tacked to a billboard, taped to a wall, whatever.

The only way an actual locator would work (and remain cheap) in my mind is that if the picks had some sorta onboard buzzer, but that would change the pick's form dramatically.

Ha, that exact thought process went through my head.
I'm Back.

I say make picks with little sheets of uranium in them so they glow in the dark, even without light intake first. Plus they would be super metal.

EDIT: Like these, only for realz.

Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Last edited by BeerBlood at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by BeerBlood
I say make picks with little sheets of uranium in them so they glow in the dark, even without light intake first. Plus they would be super metal.

EDIT: Like these, only for realz.

BR00TALZ

While lurking the "social networking preference" thread, a lightbulb flickered on in my head.

What if there was a bracelet that allowed you to get someone's information in real life. Sort of like,you and someone you just met both have the bracelet, and a mutual decision is made to add eachother on Facebook. Then, you simply bump your bracelets together and go through a simple prompt like "Would you like to accept John Doe's information?" Then you hit yes, then BAM. You now have their Facebook URL stored in your bracelet to add at a later date.

I went through the thought of automatically adding them on Facebook, but then you would that would require wifi. Instead, you just get their URL to add at a later date.

Eh? Ehhhh...?
I'm Back.

Last edited by indie_prep at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by indie_prep
BR00TALZ

While lurking the "social networking preference" thread, a lightbulb flickered on in my head.

What if there was a bracelet that allowed you to get someone's information in real life. Sort of like,you and someone you just met both have the bracelet, and a mutual decision is made to add eachother on Facebook. Then, you simply bump your bracelets together and go through a simple prompt like "Would you like to accept John Doe's information?" Then you hit yes, then BAM. You now have their Facebook URL stored in your bracelet to add at a later date.

I went through the thought of automatically adding them on Facebook, but then you would that would require wifi. Instead, you just get their URL to add at a later date.

Eh? Ehhhh...?

Dude go patent that sh!t, I'd use it.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
^Wouldn't that only work if lots of people bought the bracelet? And, if you really did want to communicate with the person on FB, wouldn't you just plain remember to add that person?

Anyway I knew I said I'd help, but I'm getting pretty tired. If this is still around tomorrow I may contribute if I think of something.
MATTERHORN