Poll: Do you talk to yourself?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you talk to yourself?
Yes, I talk to myself.
91 88%
No, I do not talk to myself!
12 12%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 2
So pit, I never really thought about if it was abnormal or not before today. But I talk to myself quite a bit. I often try to explain things to myself, or convince myself of something. This seems insane because I am explaining something that I already know to myself. Sometimes I stop and tell myself how retarded I am for talking to myself.

Am I the only one? Is this abnormal?
You're not the only one.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Only in my sleep.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
I explain things to myself because my thought process is very racy. If i'm trying to figure something out i'll speak to myself to get a grounded foundation.

I don't think it's abnormal though. If you start conversation and answer yourself, then it could be a bit strange.

To me it's a thing with your conscious self peaking out to your subconscious's ideas. The brain in the end is always two people. The brain, and its personality.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
usually when im angry at some video game, or when i do something incredibly stupid. for ex. the other day i got into the elevator and forgot to press the button so i stood there for about a minute, then i started mocking myself
I have imaginary conversations in my head. But that usually only happens when I'm sleepy.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Only when I'm in a large crowd.
Quote by Albert Einstein
Nuh-uh. Nuh-uh. NUH-UH. NOPE. NO! NOPE! WRONG! NO! UR AN IDIOT! STFU! GTFO!

Quote by genghisgandhi
Eyebrows has no Whoopi Goldberg, for never is she surprised?

Yar. Usually when I'm alone and I want to drown out the other voices.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I do..

I think talking to yourself is pretty normal.. it's just talking with yourself that might make someone a little concerned..

talking to yourself seems like more of a thought and decision making process, where talking with yourself would just be ..carrying on a conversation with yourself :/

so yes. I talk to myself
Yes but especially when I'm gaming. I also tend to ramble even if the person has left the room.
when you talk to your self it is called private speech. everyone does it. just some people do it more than others
All the time when I'm alone.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Constantly. Most heavily when tired, busy, screwing up, or any combination of these.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Yes, very often.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Yep, weird sh*t too. Like stuff I don't even think inside my head.

"Rape all the fat people then kill yourself."

Honestly I'm normal when I'm around people but when i'm alone I'd just say distrubing stuff withouting thinking.

EDIT: Seriously, I think I have a socially functional form of Tourettes.
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Nov 12, 2009,
I find myself more entertaining to talk to than many other people.

So yes.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

All the time.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I notice that I talk to myself while I'm doing math, telling myself how to do the problems... unfortunately this happens in class
Quote by 2112pk
thank you for stoping this RIDICULOUS argument.
and standing on the side of truth.
but your princess is in another castle
i talk to myself frequently. i try to do it only when no one else is around though, unless its those random external throughts that everyone has. ya know "what the hell was i goin to do again". stuff like that.
I often get impulses to say crazy shit to myself when I'm alone. mostly sexual things.

sometimes I randomly hump the air, too. thats always good and weird.
Quote by Thomasoman
I often get impulses to say crazy shit to myself when I'm alone. mostly sexual things.

sometimes I randomly hump the air, too. thats always good and weird.

Barely.
I do kind of have thought conversations sometimes though if you know what I mean.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by DiabloViper
This seems insane because I am explaining something that I already know to myself.

It's hardly insane. I think there's a big difference between the world you perceive in your mind and the outside world, and communicating things from the former to the latter brings a sense of clarity and practicality.
No i don't...., which is really weird, cause im always answering myself.
epic7734
Yes I do.
Why, I'm not sure.
Well, maybe I do know why.
Oh really?
Yes.

(Oh, wait, I was talking to myself.)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by infinitybass
I notice that I talk to myself while I'm doing math, telling myself how to do the problems... unfortunately this happens in class

This, definitely. Minus the in class part. It helps me work it out better for some reason. I'm seeing it. Writing it. Thinking it. And hearing it. It helps me focus.
Yeah. I act out scenarios whispering. I only say my part, though. The rest just goes on in my head. It's fawking weird.

I can't think like other people do, either. Like I can't consciously think about how to do a math problem. I can't tell myself the steps or else I mess up. My mind just works subconsciously and it's strange to me.

Like right now I just took a walk thinking about what I'm going to do about this girl I know, and three seconds into my thought process I started going through a scenario that was as cheesy as a bad romance movie.

I'm just strange...
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Yeah, i know

He's crazy he must be.

How does he know about us??

He doesn't, just hold on a second.

Okay.

*Elevator Music*

I think he's on to us.

*GASP*

Yeah, i know we've got ourselves a problem here...

I wonder...

What do you wonder?

Maybe we aren't normal..

Of course we're normal, don't ever question it again or i'll take your parents!

Okay, okay sorry...

Alright, now go! The colbert report is on in two minutes and i don't wanna miss a second of that man's delicious comedy...

Excuse me?

Uh Nothing, Just go get the booze.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Page 1 of 2