Hey guys,
I traded for an ESP LTD MH400 today and I'm having some problems with the neck EMG 85 pickup. I get a strong signal out of the bridge pickup, but when I turn the selector to the neck position, there is no output. The middle position and bridge position sound identical to me, so there is no output coming from the neck pickup on either setting. I checked the wiring and everything seems okay according to the wiring diagram I found online. This is my first guitar with active pups, just trying to see if this is an easily fixable problem or something more serious that needs to be looked at by a tech.

Thanks,
Chris
ESP LTD EC 400AT -> Boss TU-2 - > Maxon OD808 ->Boss DD20 -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Peavey 5150 -> Marshall 1960AV.
take off the pickup ring and see if the quick connect clip is intact.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yep, everything looks good back there, made sure the connection was tight.
ESP LTD EC 400AT -> Boss TU-2 - > Maxon OD808 ->Boss DD20 -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Peavey 5150 -> Marshall 1960AV.
if the pup is wired to a pot check the continuety of the pot... your pot might be dead... unlikely though... another suggesting check if theres a current going through each connection on the pup (im not too familiar with actives, but as i recall there 3 wires- 2 signal + 1 power)... so check if there is current present in all three when playing, (you should do this first, if there isnt current, means nothing is going in or out, so most likely its an internal pup problem, either internal connection or electrical fault)
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Thanks for the advice, got it fixed. I checked the clip last night, but apparently it will go on upside down and still connect. The guy I got it from said he took the pickup out to clean around the ring and must have connected it backwards. No biggie, fixed it this afternoon in only a couple minutes. Thanks again for the help!