Any Ontario people, help me out here!

I did google this, but I got answers all over the board.

We are coming from the States.

1. What do we need to expect for our cellphones? When I was in Sweden, obviously, my cell phone use was limited due to fees, didn't know if Canada would be the same. Do we need to use them as little as possible, or does Canada have AT&T and such?

2. Will they be suspicious of three 20 year olds going to Canada on a road trip? Any chance we could be denied entry?

3. If I'm correct, you use km and such? My car (oddly) doesn't have the little KM conversions on my speedomter. So the speed limit is?? And what would I be driving in MPH (I'm trying to find out on this, having no luck)

4. I'm sure Canada uses different money, so do we need to convert or do most places accept USD?

5. The big ne, what's the age you have to be to book a hotel room?

And lastly, any reccommendations for things to do in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal??

Thanks in advance, really can't get any difinitive answers anwhere.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
1. What do we need to expect for our cellphones? When I was in Sweden, obviously, my cell phone use was limited due to fees, didn't know if Canada would be the same. Do we need to use them as little as possible, or does Canada have AT&T and such?

depends on your plan, there will be roaming if its not covered

2. Will they be suspicious of three 20 year olds going to Canada on a road trip? Any chance we could be denied entry?

if you look/act suspisous they may search, otherwise you should be fine [id leave the drugs at home, and alcohol]

3. If I'm correct, you use km and such? My car (oddly) doesn't have the little KM conversions on my speedomter. So the speed limit is?? And what would I be driving in MPH (I'm trying to find out on this, having no luck)

100km/h on major highway (approx 55-60 mph) 80km in main roads, 60 or 50km in rural.(dont kno the conversion)

4. I'm sure Canada uses different money, so do we need to convert or do most places accept USD?

you can convert at hte border, or any bank[extremely common]

18 w/ a credit card pretty sure, might wanna double check

And lastly, any reccommendations for things to do in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal??

toronto, (not sure if ur plans r clubs, or just sight seeing or wut but heres a few of them all) nhl hall of fame, CN tower

ottawa, byward at nighttime, a few good places to hit up, just walk around and youll find them, national art gallery if your an artsy person, pretty much every museum in canada if ur into that kind of thing, mostly sight-seeing city for older people IMO

montreal, shopping is the main, also apparently an amazing night life too,

if your a hockey fan, all 3 cities have NHL teams and i would definetly consider going!

oh and ottawa is quite a place for music, i dunno when your going, but alot of concerts go through so u may wanna check out details [scotiabank place is the arena]

havee fun get drunk
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Nov 13, 2009,

Canadian borderguards can be pretty terrible, as can the american ones going the other way. Yes, there's a possibility.

do the conversions ahead of time and mark them on your dashboard? not hard. Speed limit is the same on every single road, of course

You will need to convert your money... not a very difficult thing to do

18, and you need a credit card

In Ottawa I'd stay around the byward area.
1. Same rules at Europe for your phones. We don't have AT&T in Canada so more the likly you will have to suffer roaming chargers if you so choose to use your phone.

2. Honestly they probably won't care about you coming over the border. Nothing to worry about

3. A simple converter would work, but since your google must not be working... typical street driving is 50km/h which would be the same as roughly 30mph. Highways varry from 100km to 80km, which would be 60mph to 55mph. Just stay with traffic, if your flying past people your probably going to fast.

4. Most places will accpet USD as long as you stay close to the border. If you planning on staying a while I'd suggest getting some Canadian money its much easier to use.

5. I think you have to be 18/19. For sure you need a credit card of some sort.

For those 3 cities, go see a hockey game. Trust me (and this does sound very Canadian) but it is a great time and you really get your dollar's worth at them.
Other then that, go drink and party drinking age is 19 (18 in Quebec).

Have fun
Quote by JimmyBanks6

depends on your plan, there will be roaming if its not covered

if you look/act suspisous they may search, otherwise you should be fine [id leave the drugs at home, and alcohol]

100km/h on major highway (approx 55-60 mph) 80km in main roads, 60 or 50km in rural.(dont kno the conversion)

you can convert at hte border, or any bank[extremely common]

18 w/ a credit card pretty sure, might wanna double check

toronto, (not sure if ur plans r clubs, or just sight seeing or wut but heres a few of them all) nhl hall of fame, CN tower

ottawa, bayward market at nighttime, a few good places to hit up, just walk around and youll find them, national art gallery if your an artsy person, pretty much every museum in canada if ur into that kind of thing, mostly sight-seeing city for older people IMO

montreal, shopping is the main, also apparently an amazing night life too,

if your a hockey fan, all 3 cities have NHL teams and i would definetly consider going!

oh and ottawa is quite a place for music, i dunno when your going, but alot of concerts go through so u may wanna check out details [scotiabank place is the arena]

havee fun get drunk

Awesome ! thanks. 1 more question. What is the electrical outlet plug-in in Canada??
Here is ours.
http://www.photoshoptextures.com/architectural-textures/electrical-outlet-texture.jpg
Duckksecks

Quote by Grimcity
1. Same rules at Europe for your phones. We don't have AT&T in Canada so more the likly you will have to suffer roaming chargers if you so choose to use your phone.

2. Honestly they probably won't care about you coming over the border. Nothing to worry about

3. A simple converter would work, but since your google must not be working... typical street driving is 50km/h which would be the same as roughly 30mph. Highways varry from 100km to 80km, which would be 60mph to 55mph. Just stay with traffic, if your flying past people your probably going to fast.

4. Most places will accpet USD as long as you stay close to the border. If you planning on staying a while I'd suggest getting some Canadian money its much easier to use.

5. I think you have to be 18/19. For sure you need a credit card of some sort.

For those 3 cities, go see a hockey game. Trust me (and this does sound very Canadian) but it is a great time and you really get your dollar's worth at them.
Other then that, go drink and party drinking age is 19 (18 in Quebec).

Have fun

Thanks! I'm only asking about #3 because I am terrible with #s and I don't trust myself to eff up.
Duckksecks

You do have a passport, right?

"Bottom line: As of June 1, 2009, everyone from every country arriving in Canada by air, land and sea has needed a passport or equivalent travel document. (Some exceptions apply to children's passport requirements). Besides an up-to-date passport, visitors may instead have an equivalent travel document, such as a NEXUS Card."

They might not let you in if you don't have one.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
LOL @ the " I'm sure Canada uses different money".

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
For miles to KM, the conversion is 1.6(some random trailing numbers).
60 miles = 100 KM.
20 miles = 32 KM.
~30 miles = 50 KM.
37.5 miles = 60 KM.
Your power plugs are the same as ours.
I do believe Canada has AT&T, not 100% sure though.

Why would we be suspiciuos of three 20 year olds going on a roadtrip?

Do you have a jiffy with you? Google search, "Car Speedometer" find one wih KM on it, and draw it onto your speedometer.
..I was watching my death.
You'll have a bunch of fun in Montreal. It's pretty much a gongshow over there.

Stripclubs, bars, good clubbing, etc.

I live in Toronto. If you're in the city, check out the Hard Rock Cafe in Dundas Square. (the intersection is Dundas and Yonge St.)
Quote by PitaPita
Awesome ! thanks. 1 more question. What is the electrical outlet plug-in in Canada??
Here is ours.
http://www.photoshoptextures.com/architectural-textures/electrical-outlet-texture.jpg

Oh man.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
none of those are a problem, if your old enough in the states your more than old enough in canada. we are pretty chill here. its the weed