So while I was playing MW2 on live my sister decides to trip over the chord connecting to the modem. And there you have it, a brand new $60 game rendered unplayable. Instead of taking it to the local game store to get it cleaned is there any special way to clean it for the xbox to read it and the rings to go away? Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by speakers
is incest an option?

This is the most effective way
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by speakers
is incest an option?

incest is always an option.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
you can use toothpaste or something lke that, search it on youtube
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Made Strat with hot rails
Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
Build a machine that will control people's thoughts, hijack someone who knows what they're doing, and then get them to fix it.

That's probably the easiest way.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by GoToSleep
So while I was playing MW2 on live my sister decides to trip over the chord connecting to the modem. And there you have it, a brand new $60 game rendered unplayable. Instead of taking it to the local game store to get it cleaned is there any special way to clean it for the xbox to read it and the rings to go away? Any help is much appreciated.

If you mean the standard RRoD then tripping over the chord is unrelated, the RRoD is an overheating issue and this is just a strange coincidence. If it's not the standard RRoD then it should be an easy fix, depending on what exactly the error is.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If you mean the standard RRoD then tripping over the chord is unrelated, the RRoD is an overheating issue and this is just a strange coincidence. If it's not the standard RRoD then it should be an easy fix, depending on what exactly the error is.

I think the rings in question are not the RRoD, but scratches around the disc.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
How would tripping over the cable connecting it to the internet cause rings of the disk? Surely it would just make it lose the connection.
Buy the game again. If the suggestion doesn't work.
You can put games on the Xbox's HD now can't you? And if you don't have enough space, buy a bigger HD, you know it makes sense.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Gmp
How would tripping over the cable connecting it to the internet cause rings of the disk? Surely it would just make it lose the connection.

Microsoft was rather cheap with the 360, so it lacks some "pads", or whatever I should call it, that's supposed to protect the plate from getting scratched while spinning, in case something causes it to wobble. By tripping over the cable, the console was probably moved in such a way that the plate wobbled, thus getting scratched.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Okay, let me explain this better, the console was knocked down. I thought that was pretty clear since that's what happens when that console is knocked down, hit, moved, etc. I was pretty sure that this has happened to someone. It's not scratched, it has the rings around the disc. All I wanted to know was what the people do to fix it so I can do it myself and not pay to get it fixed.
Quote by Sheepdragon
Microsoft was rather cheap with the 360, so it lacks some "pads", or whatever I should call it, that's supposed to protect the plate from getting scratched while spinning, in case something causes it to wobble. By tripping over the cable, the console was probably moved in such a way that the plate wobbled, thus getting scratched.

Wow, more reason for me not to buy a 360.
MATTERHORN
There is no way to fix the laser burn. You could try taking it back to where you got it and making a claim on their 30 day defective policy. If you can't get them to replace it for you, you're SOL.

edit:

Oh, and just so it doesn't happen again, don't EVER have your 360 standing vertical. Even the slightest nudge can give you that ring.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by happytimeharry
There is no way to fix the laser burn. You could try taking it back to where you got it and making a claim on their 30 day defective policy. If you can't get them to replace it for you, you're SOL.

edit:

Oh, and just so it doesn't happen again, don't EVER have your 360 standing vertical. Even the slightest nudge can give you that ring.

this

keeping it vertical is the stupidest thing to do. i have no idea why microsoft designed it so you could do that since the system's vent is on the bottom. if you keep it vertical, it also increases the rate of dust buildup, resulting in a quick RRoD
Quote by osXtiger
Buy the game again. If the suggestion doesn't work.
You can put games on the Xbox's HD now can't you? And if you don't have enough space, buy a bigger HD, you know it makes sense.

You still need the actual disk in the drive to play it.
Quote by Dirge Humani
1-Go to blockbuster.
2-Rent MW2.
3-Swap the disks.
4-Claim the disk was scratched when you opened it.
5-???
6-Profit.

You know that's not a bad idea, and I'm going to lay the 360 down from now on.
Quote by GoToSleep

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by GoToSleep

+1 for fraud!!!
Gear
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

There's actually a pretty simple solution to this that I found on Google. Ok, first you'll need a screwdriver to take apart your 360's hard drive enclosure, a magnifying glass, and a magnet of some type, the smaller the better (fridge magnet should work).

Now, open up your hard drive enclosure and get out your magnifying glass. Take a good look at the disk through the glass and memorize a few bytes of data off of it. Now, using the magnet mentioned earlier, transcribe the data onto your 360's hard drive. Do this for the whole game and you should be good.

Quote by 6StringSlaughtr
There's actually a pretty simple solution to this that I found on Google. Ok, first you'll need a screwdriver to take apart your 360's hard drive enclosure, a magnifying glass, and a magnet of some type, the smaller the better (fridge magnet should work).

Now, open up your hard drive enclosure and get out your magnifying glass. Take a good look at the disk through the glass and memorize a few bytes of data off of it. Now, using the magnet mentioned earlier, transcribe the data onto your 360's hard drive. Do this for the whole game and you should be good.

ಠ_ಠ
Gear
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

this happened to me with gears of war 2, i just went to best buy with the receipt and told the guy (who wasnt a gamer) that it came like that. so i got a new one for free
wakka wakka wakka wakka
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!