Hi all, im trying to decide which guitar i should buy to last me a long time going from beginner to more advanced, im hella enjoying guitar the learning curve is pretty steep with lessons and im stoked to upgrade my gear once i get better so i can actually play music i like as i am kind of limited right now with a $50 used S101 guitar and a $70 Ibanez practice amp :/ So I’m looking in the long term to get some new gear for the before mentioned reason.

So far ive been getting tells that the Roland Cube is the best-priced and best quality amplifier for the price range and tone variety i am looking for.
Here’s a list of bands that i like and want to eventually play along to: In Flames, Sonic Syndicate, As I Lay Dying, The Human Abstract, Caliban, Escape the Fate, All That Remains, BFMV and many others. On the flip side i also like bands like Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Staind, Nickelback (older stuff), System of a Down, and tons of others which i cant think of right now but mostly the heavier metal / melodic side of things for sure. That’s why im going to probably chose a Roland Cube but im open for suggestions.

Anyways the main reason for my post is that im having a hard time deciding on which guitar i want, im going to definitely need to go demo some gear but im also open for suggestions here too i preferably do not want a Tremolo bar simply because switching from sound to sound requires tune switching if im correct.
But yeah the guitar ive been wanting to look at is the ESP LTD 401QM Non tremolo with active 81' 85' pickups which is a little over my budget though but i can save up later if lower end stuff doesn’t sound right to my ears.

Any guitar ranging from $300-600 that you might want to suggest for me would be awesome and opinions on the Roland Cube would help me out before i go test stuff also. - Thanks!!
600USD for a guitar for metal... I'd recommend a secondhand Jackson RR-5.

As for your amp... whats the top of your budget, you may be able to get something better for metal at that price?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by MySonicHeart
Hi all, im trying to decide which guitar i should buy to last me a long time going from beginner to more advanced, im hella enjoying guitar the learning curve is pretty steep with lessons and im stoked to upgrade my gear once i get better so i can actually play music i like as i am kind of limited right now with a $50 used S101 guitar and a $70 Ibanez practice amp :/ So I’m looking in the long term to get some new gear for the before mentioned reason.

So far ive been getting tells that the Roland Cube is the best-priced and best quality amplifier for the price range and tone variety i am looking for.
Here’s a list of bands that i like and want to eventually play along to: In Flames, Sonic Syndicate, As I Lay Dying, The Human Abstract, Caliban, Escape the Fate, All That Remains, BFMV and many others. On the flip side i also like bands like Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Staind, Nickelback (older stuff), System of a Down, and tons of others which i cant think of right now but mostly the heavier metal / melodic side of things for sure. That’s why im going to probably chose a Roland Cube but im open for suggestions.

Anyways the main reason for my post is that im having a hard time deciding on which guitar i want, im going to definitely need to go demo some gear but im also open for suggestions here too i preferably do not want a Tremolo bar simply because switching from sound to sound requires tune switching if im correct.
But yeah the guitar ive been wanting to look at is the ESP LTD 401QM Non tremolo with active 81' 85' pickups which is a little over my budget though but i can save up later if lower end stuff doesn’t sound right to my ears.

Any guitar ranging from $300-600 that you might want to suggest for me would be awesome and opinions on the Roland Cube would help me out before i go test stuff also. - Thanks!!

hey, check the thread you started under another account for suggestions

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229802

BTW that ESP is a great choice. save for it.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Why would you create 2 accounts?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator