C4C, always.

My newest song, is more so an experiment than my previous releases here. It's not intended as a mainstream aproach, and please take that into consideration when you crit it.

About the acoustic guitar: The parts on acoustic guitar that is almost impossible to play, is not meant to be played on one guitar, I just put it on one guitar for the sake of order. And I don't play any instruments myself, so I don't really know what is possible and impossible on it.

Thanks for any crit or advice!

Just tell me what you want me to crit
Attachments:
The Complex.zip
Originally Posted by huevos
You're from Norway, so I find that hard to believe. The lot of ya like to burn churches down and sacrifice virgins to Lord Faust and Isahan.
Really good. Did you do what I do and not actually write it with a guitar in hand and instead just type notes in to guitar pro and come up with it that way?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
I like it quite a bit, though i am supposing that it was not written to actually be played on one guitar (The solo guitar that is ;P) I liked specifically the power from the strings, and the distortioned solos.
Quote by 365_days_gone
Really good. Did you do what I do and not actually write it with a guitar in hand and instead just type notes in to guitar pro and come up with it that way?

Thanks!
I dont happen to have a guitar, so no; I just type in to guitar pro with no further "help"

EDIT: Do you want me to crit a song of yours?
You're from Norway, so I find that hard to believe. The lot of ya like to burn churches down and sacrifice virgins to Lord Faust and Isahan.
Last edited by GuitarProPro at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by Bahaumet
I like it quite a bit, though i am supposing that it was not written to actually be played on one guitar (The solo guitar that is ;P) I liked specifically the power from the strings, and the distortioned solos.

Thank you. I don't make songs for playing them, I only care about how the outcome is purely in terms of how it sound. Probably because I don't play any instruments.

EDIT: Do you want me to crit a song of yours?
Last edited by GuitarProPro at Nov 13, 2009,
I can tell you that I'm not a fan of the drums. Although, a lot of that has to do with where they are sitting in the mix - the drums should be louder, the guitar is drowning it out.
The composition of guitars is great, the melody is nice, everything sits well but I'm not a fan of the beats you've used on the drums - it feels like they're accenting riffs that were never there.
It's a great song, I just find the drums to be a let down
Quote by Rustic-Key
I can tell you that I'm not a fan of the drums. Although, a lot of that has to do with where they are sitting in the mix - the drums should be louder, the guitar is drowning it out.
The composition of guitars is great, the melody is nice, everything sits well but I'm not a fan of the beats you've used on the drums - it feels like they're accenting riffs that were never there.
It's a great song, I just find the drums to be a let down

Okey, I see. Drum tabbing isn't quite my strongest side, and I find the RSE drums to be quite powerless as well. I didn't really work hard with it in the first parts of the song, but I was somewhat pleased with the drumming right after Op. 3. Anyways, thank you for the crit! I'll take your advice into consideration the next time I make a song!
I actually liked the drums. They sounds very heavy.

But honestly, Guitar Pro screwed up the RSE - guitar AND drums when they released 5.2. Ive gotten used to them, but they sounded much better before!!!
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
This is really abstract O_o

Didn't really care for the intro until about 19. This is just too weird for me, man. I don't really feel any overall theme or flow to the song. That may have been your attention, but this isn't really holding my interest. The fact that it's impossible is also a little turn off. The solo at Op. 2 was really good. It got me paying more attention to the song. Nice job. I also like the Op. 3 section. Really cool.

Overall I can tell you put a lot of work into this, and I respect that, but this is just to random and without a unified theme or transitions. Sorry.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
This is really abstract O_o

Didn't really care for the intro until about 19. This is just too weird for me, man. I don't really feel any overall theme or flow to the song. That may have been your attention, but this isn't really holding my interest. The fact that it's impossible is also a little turn off. The solo at Op. 2 was really good. It got me paying more attention to the song. Nice job. I also like the Op. 3 section. Really cool.

Overall I can tell you put a lot of work into this, and I respect that, but this is just to random and without a unified theme or transitions. Sorry.

I completely disagree. It sounds amazing. There are very good transitions. It totally sounds like one of those very long metal songs with many different parts.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Well intro sounded almost like an christmas song xD! untill strings and drums came in.
Melodies weren't anything awesome really. 3 sections after intro sounded like very dumb.. It just didn't have any sense to me.. OP1. Acoustic guitar sounded nice, but no human can play that.. atlast as it is written.
Let ring part was nice, but acoustic guitar would have been way better.
Didn't like part after it. Nice solo. OP.3 Nice acoustic guitar, but it sounded chaotic and didn't like it on this song. Solo was ok. Nice double bass. Nice drums overall.
OP4 sounds like.. pirates! Nice part ! Well solo is nice if u have 30 frets on your guitar xD. Why change to acoustic guitar? No sence..

6½/10

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22282828#post22282828
It seems there are mixed opinions here! I really like that you care to respond, any critique is good!

While I don't try to defend the song, I must remind you all that it is not intended to be either playable or a radio hit. It's more for people of special interest. When it comes to the randomness and lack of themes throughout the song, it is completely intended. The parts are meant to be somewhat individual, and should all give their own kind of emotion to the listener. Whereas the intro is just meant to be relaxing, the Op. 1 is trying to bring forth the more adventurous and happy emotion. The Op. 2 is nothing more than a guitar solo, and is just there to boost up the excitement. The Op. 3 is supposed to be the sad, but somewhat epic-feeling part - and the part I like the most myself - and the Op. 4 is being plain messy and chaotic, before ending with simplicity and a touch of sadness.

As for the drums, I am really displeased with the outcome. When I shall overhaul the song, the drums will suffer the most radical changes.

Anyways, thank you for the response, and I'll be open for more if anyone would like to. Just name the song you want critted.
Not bad. I didn't like a few of the note choices in the intro, but when the strings and drums entered, it seemed like everything was fine.
The thing you got into at bar 12 was good, but I feel the tension it built would be better released after only two bars.
Bars 17 and 18 were awesome.
27-42 would be much better if it didn't go on for so long.
43-45 was awesome
The start of op 1 was good, but the empty bar wrecked it
81-83 were the best parts of the solo, as cliche as they were
Op 3 was a tad dull, sorry. They chord changes were unexpected, but I feel that had they been more predictable/conventional, it would have been better.
The transition from 128-133 was perfect.
134-143 was good, but needed more variation.
The solos over this added a bit more interest, but not enough unfortunately.
156, plus the A# at the start of the next bar was awesome. The awesome choice of notes, and the drum change at the same time were a great combination.
I didn't like that you had used the dullest part of the song to end it...

Overall, it was alright. There were a few great bits, and not many bad bits. Unfortunately, the bits in between weren't as good as they could have been.