i have read alot of reviews about the seagull guitars. i am looking at the performer series cw mini. i can get a good deal at my local music shop. the main reason is i like the wide neck. it makes fretting the strings alot easier on my old fingers. i am 49 and have some trouble with my finger joints. i need some opions on this modle. thanks
not sure what you're asking. i have the lower end seagulls - an original and a coastline. both my own and every seagull i've tried at guitar stores - and i've tried a LOT of them - has a few things in common: good build quality, good finish, nice sound. i've never picked up a seagull with sharp frets, poor binding, uneven edges. i don't think you can go wrong with seagull.

btw, i also have aging joints, and find the wider seagull necks to be very comfortable to play.
thanks for the info. here is the package deal.
1. performer cw mini
2. hard case
3. electrical tuner
4. free stool to sit on while playing
5. set up
6. leather strap of choice
499.00 plus tax
I'm nearly 47 and don't consider myself old, and neither should you. We're middle aged. lol
As for easier fretting, string choice can make all the difference in the world, as will a proper setup to lower the action as low as possible without buzzing. I've just started learning mandolin, and let me tell ya, even with low action, those double rows of strings are a real pain to fret.
Your package deal lists a setup which is great and something you should have done immediately once you choose which strings you want on the guitar. I'd go for a set of .011's, possibly something along the lines of Martin Silk and Steels. They're folk strings, but are fairly stretchy and easy to fret. Plus they hold their tuning very well and seem to last for a fair bit of time if taken care of(kept clean).
well, i went to the music shop this morning and bought the guitar, great service. plays great. i had them put the silk and steel strings on it. they also put new strings on my 35 year old ibanz electric guitar. they loved the old thing. the shop is called broadway sound in knoxville,tn.
Last edited by 49f1 at Nov 14, 2009,
congrats on your new guitar! sounds like you got a winner.

if the action is still too stiff, i have a couple suggestions:

1. change the unwrapped strings to d'addario 10s. they're lower tension than the martins.

2. have your action lowered a bit. i almost always do that - as long as you don't strum hard, chances are that you can get lower without buzzing.

Quote by 49f1
well, i went to the music shop this morning and bought the guitar, great service. plays great. i had them put the silk and steel strings on it. they also put new strings on my 35 year old ibanz electric guitar. they loved the old thing. the shop is called broadway sound in knoxville,tn.