So when i turn on my Laney GH100l tube amp and start playing, sound is like with presence on 10, it's very crunchy, but after some 15 minutes sound becomes more like presence on 2, it becomes much lower and bluesier. Is this normal? And one more thing: When it changes to lower tone, the volume gets lower too
Last edited by Guitar_vibrator at Nov 13, 2009,
yes it because the tonality of the amp changes as the tubes heat up. hotter tubes = warmer sound.

(thats why for example you'd never start recording with a tube amp untill its been heated up for 45-60min)
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Quote by Guitar_vibrator
The guitar fixer told me that it could be a problem with tubes

Your tubes (or the wiring to them) may have a problem, yes. But they'll sound a little different after the amp warms up no matter how you slice it.
well you didnt mention a volume problem when i first replied. its probably a bad tube or something. get it to a tech.
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
agreed with drying, unless tubes are extremely old. tonal change with old tubes is a sign that they're near the end of their run. if you ever see 'em glowing blue, watchout... def time to swap 'em out and check your bias.
Well, actually my amp is 2 months old ) And about that volume, well it's not really big drop. Just a bit I hope it's nothing serious...
Last edited by Guitar_vibrator at Nov 13, 2009,
My amp has been doing that too lately....I think it is the tubes as well. Must be some low quality EH tubes I've got in there.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred