My RR3 has missing finish on the tips of the long wing and it has a dent that has cracked the finish in the top, i am getting very, very paranoid about it not being playable anymore, can this kind of stuff lead to unplayability?
take a look at some of the Lick Library lessons. You will see someone teaching guitar with his guitar literally duct-taped together, and it sounds awesome.
I dont think you should worry too much if the cracks dont hit the electronics. Probably the sound will change a bit, but i dont think it will become unplayable
Of course it can't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Of course it can't.

This.

You only really have worry about cracks on accoustics: they can grow larger and end up splitting it in two, though I've only ever seen it happen to cheap ones.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
it's just the finish, right? if so, it won't affect it, except in looks. if it's got some gouges in it or something, fill those in with wood putty. that should do the trick.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
All it's gonna do is make your guitar look cool..
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
All it's gonna do is make your guitar look "vintage"..

Fixed

On topic: Unless the chips and dings are affecting your electronics or are on your neck/fretboard and literally in the way of your playing, I think you'll be fine.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Still no pics in this thread or the other thread? Post some pics, man. You probably have nothing to worry about but if you're that paranoid, POST SOME PICTURES!!!
Chips, dents and finish cracks are unavoidable and are generally thought to add character to a guitar - some brands more so than others. Look at how much Fender charges to thrash one of their Custom Shop models in order to make it a "relic."
providing it`s only the finish that is cracked you should be alright, if it`s a crack in the wood around a vital area such as the neck pocket then that would cause instability.

steve vai`s main guitar evo is apparantly becoming harder to keep in tune because of such a crack through the body not the paint...

Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Nov 13, 2009,
Dude, chill out. Cracks, dents, and scratches are part of PLAYING your instrument. If you don't want blemishes, don't touch it. Keep it in a glass case.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Like said earlier, Unless they are in the fretboard, neck or neck pocket (Or in the electronics) They won't effect the playability of your guitar. Now, If there are chips in the fretboard that could make it uncomfortable.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.